DTS Needs 1100 RPM to go into Forward

donmartin

Reaction score
My 2015 2575 QCW I/O (Merc 350, Bravo 3) with DTS (Digital Throttle System) now requires about 1100 RPM to go into forward. There is no operational problem but I've lost the precise throttle capabilities when in heavy boat traffic, docking or trailering. It isn't clunking. Reverse is fine. There is no slipping at all ever. I'm gentle with it as I don't want to cause damage.
Dealer/shop said they had to start with replacing the shift cable with one they could adjust (I guess the stock cable is not adjustable). $600 later and absolutely no difference. They tell me that probably means I've damaged the cone clutch and they need to tear the drive apart. Estimate is $3500 if they do replace the clutch.
Everyone that gets in my boat and checks it out says it really seems like some kind of an adjustment thing. Anyone had experience with this or suggestions?

Maybe in 2015 it was only digital throttle.

maybe we have different systemsView attachment 30074
I talked to Merc support today. They validated while it is, "fly by wire" there is a cable from the shift actuator which is controlled by the DTS to the gear mechanism in the drive. They also agree with the diagnosis that there is no DTS adjustment for this and the forward cone clutch is probably glazed. They don't agree with the $3500 price tag for the job considering the clutch part is $437. There isn't 24 hours of labor!

Back