Dual battery charger hookup

We are trying to hookup our batteries (on opposite side of the boat), can anyone tell us or show us how to get from one battery to the other? (Run the cables) We can’t seem to figure out where the cables are ran? We have the Noco Genius 5x2 and need to get one set of cables from battery 2 (port side) in our 2023 22RSL (I think!) to the starboard side. The side of our boat says “L22”. Thank you!!

Last edited:
I have a 24' bowrider, so it is a different boat. Mine is a "quad bench" layout. For MY boat there is a battery under each of the rear most seats and the walkway to the back of the boat is in the center. For mine, there is a hole in the floor that has the cables from battery #2 running though a plastic flexible corrugated tube through the triton well (the part where the engine is mounted). I fished a string through there then pulled the Noco wire through with the string. I mounted the Noco unit near battery #2 because there was more room there.

I've tinkered with this a bit more now. Basically, I leave my transfer switch to position 1 at all times. This means that the is the battery that gets used and changed when the boat is running. Occasionally, I will plug in the Noco unit to make sure battery #2 is not slowly draining and that works well. #2 is there in case I drain #1 from playing the stereo with the engine off. I have ALSO plugged in the Noco unit while the boat is at the dock, left the transfer switch to #1 and played the stereo (engine off) all day. This is basically using AC power to power the boat while at the dock. It worked fine. So basically, this confirms that you can use the boat electronics WHILE the Noco unit is plugged in and charging the batteries.

I have a 24' bowrider, so it is a different boat. Mine is a "quad bench" layout. For MY boat there is a battery under each of the rear most seats and the walkway to the back of the boat is in the center. For mine, there is a hole in the floor that has the cables from battery #2 running though a plastic flexible corrugated tube through the triton well (the part where the engine is mounted). I fished a string through there then pulled the Noco wire through with the string. I mounted the Noco unit near battery #2 because there was more room there.
Thank you for the prompt reply. We too have the quad seating, but could feel or see any wires in the center hole, I think it may have a cover over it, probably should try taking that off. Anyway, thank you again! we can get it working. We only have the boat out of the water and off the lift because of Idalia. Might be a better project to tackle when we take it out for the winter! Lol!

Back