Thank You Tom .

The link ,I had I could not delete my personal info 

Reply from Ohio

February 12, 2015

Mr. William Berisford

6305 Cupola Court, Apartment CY

Galena, OH 43021-9075

Dear Mr. Berisford,

Thank you for your letter regarding H.R. 704, the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) Reform Act. I appreciate this opportunity to correspond with you.

As you know, Congress first established the RFS with the enactment of the Energy Policy Act of 2005. The initial RFS mandated that a minimum of four billion gallons of biofuels be used in 2006, rising to 7.5 billion gallons by 2012. Two years later, the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) greatly expanded the biofuel mandate volumes and extended the ramp-up through 2022. The expanded RFS required the annual use of nine billion gallons of biofuels in 2008, rising to 36 billion gallons in 2022, with at least 16 billion gallons from cellulosic biofuels, and a cap of 15 billion gallons for corn-starch ethanol.

You may be interested to know that the EISA requires that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) evaluate and make an appropriate market determination for setting the RFS standards each year. Pursuant to this task, the EPA Administrator has the authority to waive the RFS requirements, in whole or in part, if, in her determination, there is an inadequate domestic supply to meet the mandate, or if "implementation of the requirement would severely harm the economy or environment of a State, a region, or the United States."

On November 15, 2013 the EPA released a proposed rule regarding the RFS in 2014. The proposed 2014 RFS mandate included a waiver of cellulosic, advanced, and total renewable biofuels. The EPA has determined that the current blend wall limitation of 10 percent ethanol in gasoline would lead to an inadequate supply of Renewable Identification Numbers to comply with the mandate. Therefore, the EPA is proposing lowering the advanced biofuel mandate by 1.55 billion gallons, and the overall RFS by 2.94 billion gallons, from the amounts scheduled for 2014 in the EISA.

In November 2014, the EPA announced that it will delay issuing a long-awaited final 2014 Renewable Fuel Standard until 2015. In announcing the delay, the agency cited "significant comment and controversy" over its proposal for a reduction in biofuel use mandates for 2014.

The decision to delay the final rule for the 2014 RFS into 2015 has provoked criticism from Members of Congress who hold diverse viewpoints on the RFS, as well as from numerous stakeholders with a direct interest in the administration of the program. Given that the EPA has missed the November 30th deadline in recent years, and that the delays have grown longer, the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee announced their intention to hold a hearing on the future of the RFS sometime this spring.

As you know, on February 4, 2015, Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) introduced H.R. 704, the Renewable Fuel Standard Reform Act. This bill would decrease the amount of renewable fuel required to be contained in gasoline, and would prohibit the commercial introduction of gasoline containing greater than 10-volume-percent ethanol.

This bill has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee. While I am not a member of this committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind should this legislation come before the full U.S. House of Representatives for a vote.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views on this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact my office if I can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

Patrick J. Tiberi

Representative to Congress

PJT/mm

Thats the first answer I have ever seen .

Reply from Washington state...

Jaime Herrera Beutler
3rd District, Southwest Washington

Committee on Appropriations
Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing And 
Urban Development, and Related Agencies 
Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, And 
Related Agencies
Subcommittee on Financial Services And 
General Government

Committee on Small Business

1130 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3536

General O.O. Howard House
750 Anderson Street, Suite B
Vancouver, WA 98661
(360) 695-6292

WWW.JAIMEHB.HOUSE.GOV

February 9, 2015 February 9, 2015 

Mr. Robert Thomas 
XXX
Vancouver, WA 98682-9577 

Dear Mr. Thomas, 

Thank you for writing me regarding the requirement of ethanol in gasoline. It is an honor to represent the people of Southwest Washington, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. 

As you may know, the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) recently announced that it was updating theRenewable Fuel Standard (RFS) mandating biofuels like ethanol are used in the nation's gas supply.  The new standardsrequire refiners to blend 15.2 billion gallons of renewable fuels into the nation's gas supply - a 16 percent decrease from the original mandate. 

I have strong concerns with the impact that biofuel mandates have on residents of Southwest Washington.  A 2009 study by the Congressional Budget Office found that ethanol mandates can raise food prices by as much as 15 percent.  Southwest Washington families spend enough on groceries, and too many already struggle to make ends meet.  This increase in food prices impacts the burden on taxpayers as well; selective aid to ethanol raises the cost of government food and nutrition programs by nearly $1 billion each year.   

Our nation's energy future will benefit from a level playing field where each form of energy can compete, and costs are lowered while energy efficiency increases. Taxpayers deserve a transparent and critical debate over the billions spent to boost ethanol in this country.  While in Congress, I have taken action to protect hardworking taxpayers from higher costs that come from giving special advantages to ethanol. 

In a previous congress, I cosponsored H.R. 1075, the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax credit Repeal Act.  This legislation aimed to repeal the $0.45 per gallon ethanol excise tax credit received by blenders of gasoline and ethanol.  According to the GAO, the tax credit costs taxpayers $6 billion each year.  I have also supported and voted for amendments prohibiting funds for construction of an ethanol blender or pump facilities giving motorists a choice of the blend of ethanol in gasoline. 

I believe that we should pursue an "all of the above" energy strategy in this country, and that ethanol should be allowed to compete based on its merits.  However, when government picks energy "winners" we have seen that the negative effects on Southwest Washington residents can outweigh the benefits.   

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. I invite you to visit my website at www.JaimeHB.house.govfor additional information or to sign up to be kept up to date on these issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.    Sincerely, 

Jaime Herrera Beutler
Member of Congress

How disapointing would it have been if the responses were the same? Nice to see a response.

I actually received a reply .

[SIZE=12pt]March 2, 2015[/SIZE]​
Dear Mr. Jack

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). As your elected representative, I appreciate the opportunity to learn your views.

As you may know, in 2005, the Energy Policy Act established the RFS, which is overseen by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Since its enactment, the RFS has expanded and currently mandates an increased volume of renewable fuel to be blended into transportation fuel from 9 billion gallons in 2008 to 38 billion gallons by 2022.

As a lifelong resident of Northern Michigan, I support efforts to make our nation more energy efficient and independent, but I also believe that this cannot come at the cost our economic growth and freedom.  Many residents of Northern Michigan have expressed an interest in scaling-back the RFS, as reduced availability of certain types of gasoline would be difficult for the many small engines prevalent in boats, snowmobiles, and other recreational vehicles widely used in our region.  

You may be pleased to know that I recently cosponsored, the "RFS Reform Act 2015," which, if enacted would prohibit the EPA from mandating the sale of gasoline that contains greater than 10 percent ethanol, thereby reducing the "blend-wall" issues.  Please know I look forward to supporting this legislation should it come before the House of Representatives for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this issue. It is my hope that you will continue to communicate with me on the issues that matter most to you and your family.  If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to call my office at 202-225-4735.

Sincerely,
DB_Sig.png

Dan Benishek M. D.
Member of Congress
SM_Image_Map.png

[SIZE=9pt]Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]To share your thoughts with Congressman Benishek please go to--Email Me.[/SIZE]

The good news is 'his door is always open"

March 6, 2015

Dear Mr. Link,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 703, the Renewable Fuel Standard Elimination Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

While I support the goals of diversifying our energy supply and achieving more domestic energy security, I share your concerns about the impact of droughts and the mandate for biofuels on the price of corn.

As you may know, in 2007, the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) expanded the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) to require that renewable fuel be blended into the nation's transportation fuel supply. The mandate—based on volume (in billions of gallons)—increases annually from 9.0 billion gallons in 2008 to 36.0 billion gallons in 2022. The 2015 mandate calls for 20.5 billion gallons total, of which up to 15.0 billion gallons may come from corn-starch ethanol. At the time this law was passed, there was optimism that technologies to produce cellulosic ethanol would advance and be commercialized more quickly than we have experienced. In light of the slow progress for cellulosic ethanol, slower than predicted growth in demand for ethanol-based fuels, and other technical and economic issues I am considering a variety of policy options related to the RFS.

In addition to the outright repeal of the RFS contained in H.R. 703, there have also been policies to amend the renewable fuel standard. These proposals would retain an RFS, but it would tie the amount of corn entering the ethanol market to the U.S. corn stocks-to-use ratio for the current crop year. In years when corn crops were low, the Administrator of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would be required to restrict the amount of corn entering the ethanol market. These bills have been referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce for further review. As a member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind should we consider this legislation.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. I am most appreciative. As your representative in Congress, I will continue to prioritize policies that create jobs, grow our economy and protect the middle class while responsibly reducing our deficit. Should you have additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My door is always open.

Last Saturday, I emailed our congressman again .( Dan Benishek ) Still waiting on a reply .

Back