Easy way to store fenders?

joeybrown105

Reaction score
Looking for an easy way to keep my fenders out of the water while cruising… any recommendations on clips/hangers to do this?

Thanks in advance.

I'm with Jack! +1 for EZ Fenders!

Take them off and put them under the seat. Or there are a variety of fender baskets out there to hold them.
How many does that hold?!?

Two 10.5". We keep an extra under the seat if needed. I have 6. We have stainless quick clips. Unclip them and store them in the 2 baskets while underway. Not cool to leave them hanging while traveling.
You're right but you see people with their bumpers attached and banging on the side all the time!

The hullhugger fender stores easier than cylinder type fenders

I let them hang when going out for a slow cruise and then coming back to the same dock. Under those common conditions it is not cool to interrupt conversation just to look cool.
Hey I understand! I'm talking about the people who are flying down the lake and the bumpers are banging the sides of the boat!

What’s not cool is hitting a fender with rope and messing with prop or just some more plastic debris in the water although I scored a super nice fender for my dock that was floating in the water. The rental companies down here attach fenders permanently on the sides so as to not lose any (and protect boat). It shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes to store them.
So with that said yesterday, I screwed up and went to sandbar with mine hanging out, at least it was only 4 minutes away.

My six G4s go under the helm while underway.04FB69C1-7A03-4A6A-A956-FDD649613D44.jpeg.

Back