Electric Bimini Support Posts-Too Short

Reaction score
We just received our 2015 2550GBR with an electric Bimini top. We noticed that when the top is fully collapsed (lowered) that the only support for the bimini frame is a short 10 inch collapsable post that stops the frame from hitting the back seats, Does anyone know if Benning has/provides longer frame support posts that would allow for the bimini frame to be secured at a higher level. The attached photo shows the fully collapsed bimini top secured only by the short posts. Would be nice if the posts were 4 feet long to allow for ease of flow under the frame. Maybe Benning will reply to this comment.

IMG_2053.JPG

Typically Bennington does not peruse these threads very often. This is more of a "meeting" place for owners. 

All customer service type requests are something to discuss with your dealer first. 

They will contact Bennington to clarify if your desire can be met.

I would think it would be possible, as it would put less strain on the top when normally cruising.

TB might chime in if possible, but again, they are not on here often.

The powered bimini is designed to be unsupported when in normal use. Whether stowed or deployed, when it is not down, it is not supported like a traditional cross-frame bimini is. And though I only have 11mos of use, I have had no problems. 

Those short posts are to secure the bimini when trailering. I assume it's to secure the bimini due to speed more than load. Trailering in a headwind could easily put 80 - 90mph winds across the bimini frame whereas normal boating operation will not.

When I launch, I take the bimini off the trailering posts and push the button to raise it up. There she sits until I trailer up again, or go under a low bridge. 

There you go ......  :)

Thanks guys. The issue is that with the top down the rear seats are worthless and can't be used. We will contact our dealer and B. Thanks again

Thanks guys. The issue is that with the top down the rear seats are worthless and can't be used. We will contact our dealer and B. Thanks again
I just put the boot on or a velcro strap on it in the radar position, no problem with the rear seats that way.

We have the same top. Either it's in the boot in the radar position or it's fully open. we only lower all the way to take the boot on or off.

What's RADAR position? All the way down? Then its right on top/in front of rear two seats as the photo shows.

What's RADAR position? All the way down? Then its right on top/in front of rear two seats as the photo shows.
Radar is up fully (~45 degrees or so) but without the top section folded out over your head. You just put the boot cover on so it's bundled up.

I can't believe how many new Bennington owners don't know about, or how to operate the accessories on their boats. You should leave the dealer being shown how to operate everything on your new boat. Makes me angry that they get their money and say see ya.

Look at my signature picture. Click on it to make it bigger. That's the power bimini in the up (radar) position and the boot on. 

Our bimini is either up and out of the boot, being a bimini.

Or it is up and in the boot being out of the way.

Or...when trailering...it is on the trailer posts.

Back