electric pontoon anchor winch

Darrell

Reaction score
who out there has one and what make? looking at the minn-kota deckhand 40 and with corded remote, and also the Trac with a wireless remote. or is there any other brands out there? what are the pro's and con's of these to models and my best buy? thanks Darrell

I have the Powerwinch Deckmate 25, with the cordless remote. I actually have 2, and I love them! The wireless remote works from anywhere in the boat. The trac looks like the same winch only without the light.

Minn Kota Deckmate 40 with remote .... Love it.

Also can mount with a quick release plate so you can swap trolling motor if you like.

Minn Kota Deckmate 40 with remote .... Love it.

Also can mount with a quick release plate so you can swap trolling motor if you like.
Semper, I have been looking at these, do you think you could use a box anchor with this?

Semper, I have been looking at these, do you think you could use a box anchor with this?
I wouldn't see why not. Just make sure to mount it at angle or keep some distance from your toon so as not to hit it if it swings on way up out of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't see why not. Just make sure to mount it at angle or keep some distance from your toon so as not to hit it if it swings on way up out of water.
Semper we ordered a 2575 RCW with Sport Arch. Where do you think would be the best place to put it? We have a 6 and 4 Y/O who like to jump off the boat. Trying to keep it out of the way. Thanks any advice would be great! Also do they come with either a remote or Helm switch?

Back