electric trolling motor( where to mount batteries?)

Darrell

Reaction score
going with a minn-kota engine mount trolling motor 24 volt. so will have to mount 2 extra batteries, does anyone have some ideas where to mount them? thanks Darrell

I'm having a Minn Kota 12 volt system installed on my 24SLi - haven't picked it up yet but the battery will be stored under the port front bench seat.

I would say front loungers if troller is mounted up front. keep wiring run to a minimum for less resistance. You might also look at mounting a solar panel to keep them charged instead of running wires back to motor area.

Smitty

Charging is definitely a consideration if you are in a slip with no power (as I am). Don't forget you will need an onboard charger installed if you are fortunate enough to have a slip with electric or if you trailer. You will be using a heavy gauge marine wire - it's expensive. Keeping it close to the front will keep the cost down slightly as well.

Ended up mounting my battery in the back - the dealer thought it more appropriate than under the front seat. I do, however, have the trolling motor plug installed in the port lounge seat base.

Back