Enclosure Canvas

drlafone

Reaction score
So I took delivery on Wednesday of my new 2275 RLCi and my family and I had an absolute blast on the maiden voyage. I knew my kids were going to like having a boat, but I didnt realize the extent to which they would LOVE it! We purchased the boat from a marina that is about 14 miles by water from the marina we plan to keep it at - so it was a good 45 minute ride, which we promptly turned into 3 hours. Its been a while since I owned a boat (04) and even then it was not a pontoon, so I was a little nervous about getting that thing into the marina and then into my slip. It was a piece of cake though... much easier than I expected.

So tonight we are doing a sunset cruise and Im going to install my new potty.

Now after all that, the reason I started this post... :rolleyes: Is there a good place to buy Bennington (or aftermarket) accessories online? Specifically, I am considering a half enclosure for fall/winter boating. Im sure I can get them from my Bennington dealer, but online shopping can be so convenient

drlafone, first, welcome to the club! Glad to hear you had a good maiden voyage, and that everyone had a good time :) As far as the enclosure, Getting one from Bennington is your best bet, that way you know it will fit and function properly. Aftermarket stuff can be a real chore to make work right. Unfortunatly, you can't buy from Bennington directly, you must go to an authorized dealer for parts and accy's. How about some pics for your gallery next time?

I have looked at getting a full enclosure as well to extend my boating season a little bit longer and having the ability to sleep on the boat. I haven't seen a really good picture of what the full enclosure or half enclsosure would look like on the 2011 2574 GCW, not to mention I would think the playpen cover would have to be altered to accomodate a double bimini for a full enclosure.

Bennington - Any help on getting pictures of what a full and half enclosure would look like?

This could be a good item to get this winter and have my dealer install it so I can even get out earlier next spring (I always put the boat in early Apr).

drlafone, first, welcome to the club! Glad to hear you had a good maiden voyage, and that everyone had a good time :) As far as the enclosure, Getting one from Bennington is your best bet, that way you know it will fit and function properly. Aftermarket stuff can be a real chore to make work right. Unfortunatly, you can't buy from Bennington directly, you must go to an authorized dealer for parts and accy's. How about some pics for your gallery next time?
Thanks for the welcome! As far as pictures, tonight will be the night. I didnt take the camera on the maiden voyage, but tonight I will. I am installing the potty tonight, and taking the family on a sunset cruise.

I figured that a Bennington 1/2 cover would be the ticket, just didnt know if there were any online retailers, or Auth. dealers that put some good pics online of the product.

Hi guys,

You can look at enclosures two ways...the less expensive way is to use clear-view plastic, which protects you from wind and rain. This would be considered a "day enclosure" and Bennington does not make these. A good canvas shop can make a day enclosure that marries to the Bennington bimini top. The deluxe way is a Bennington "camping" enclosure, with full canvas, roll-up canvas shades, screens and roll-up clear-view plastic. Bennington enclosures are serious business! They are a bit heavier and a bit hot for the warmer climates; however, they are strong and great for over-nighting.

We have a small shot on page 20 of the brochure. We'll get marketing to post a shot next week.

If you already own your boat, you'll have to order a new canvas set from your dealer, including new bimini fabric and a forward frame if you want a "full" enclosure. (Half enclosures marry to the single bimini). We generally fit these at the factory as part of a new boat order. They are not available on all models due to various gate locations, but we do have them for about 35% of our boats. Please check with your dealer for more details!

Hope this is helpful...TB

Back