End of Season Sprint Across the Lake

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
I love being able to hammer the throttle, and just open up that Mercury Verado. :D

Why? Because I can! :cool:

The boat goes away for winter storage tomorrow. Got in one last solo run for fun on Houghton Lake before winter sets in. Nothing too exciting in the video. Just me, my iPhone, and the open water.

I’ve probably got another month before the water drops to around 2 1/2 to 3 ft. under my lift. Then, like you, all good things must come to an end.

Looked like a great day! That was a nice end to your season! That was one of the reasons we didn't take the boat out for the hurricane. Because if we took it out I wasn't going to want to put it back in afterwards. We have plenty of season left here.......

Last edited:
Fortunately, my Ski-Doo magazine arrived yesterday. Good timing to take my attention from one activity I love to another as boating season comes to an end for me. After 1 p.m. tomorrow I will start looking forward to snow, even if that will be a long wait still.

Fortunately, my Ski-Doo magazine arrived yesterday. Good timing to take my attention from one activity I love to another as boating season comes to an end for me. After 1 p.m. tomorrow I will start looking forward to snow, even if that will be a long wait still.

We had snow falling today!! Of course I was outside, it was +1 Celsius, pulling out my old landscape lighting and putting in my new ones, Not fun!! Got the deck and all the lighting done JUST in time to not be able to use it!!

I sure do miss the wide open runs on an empty lake. I just closed my eyes and listened to the wind noise pretending it was me out there!

Nice video Jeff. Those last runs for the season are always bitter sweet. On one hand you're out on the boat, but on the other it is the last ride for a while

Nice video Jeff. Those last runs for the season are always bitter sweet. On one hand you're out on the boat, but on the other it is the last ride for a while

I’m glad you have found a solution to this bitter sweet situation. :)

Great video! That was a tradition at our house, just my dog and me, one last screaming rip across the lake and back before pulling it out for storage. The sound of a Verado at full song never gets old ;-)

Back