Engine Question

Railmonkey

Reaction score
Took my new Q series out for the second time only. I noticed the engine warning light came on. only have 7 hours on the engines. I wasnt as concerned if it had the temp or oil light. I stopped and started and it only cleared after raising the engine out of the water and waiting a minute or two. Next time I stopped, same situation, it came on and had to do the same thing again.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is? It's a hassle as my dealer is 160 miles away and after less than 8 hours I'm in no mood for problems. I don't know why they put the alarm monitor down by your leg where it is difficult to see. I just happened to look down and notice the red warning light, they should have put this in your line of sight. Is there an accompanying warning sound I missed?

Any idea what the issue could be? The engine was flashed with new software of some sort prior to delivery, it's 250 Evinrude

Not sure. This is the G2 right? I thought those are maintenance/issue free!!! Sorry had to poke you there!

Have you looked on a evinrude forum? Maybe others there are having the same issue. I think you are the first with that motor to post on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. This is the G2 right? I thought those are maintenance/issue free!!! Sorry had to poke you there!

Have you looked on a evinrude forum? Maybe others there are having the same issue. I think you are the first with that motor to post on here.
Can't help with the issue.  Local dealer told me recently Bennington and Evinrude are parting ways.  Thus, the Bennington franchise at the Evinrude dealer is moving to another dealer that handles only Yamaha products.  Obviously, I don't like the situation since I have a 2014 Bennington with a 2014 Evinrude with only 29 hrs on the meter.

... Local dealer told me recently Bennington and Evinrude are parting ways.  Thus, the Bennington franchise at the Evinrude dealer is moving to another dealer that handles only Yamaha products.  Obviously, I don't like the situation since I have a 2014 Bennington with a 2014 Evinrude with only 29 hrs on the meter.
That's a little surprising given the amount of press on the new G2 along with Bennington. 

That's a little surprising given the amount of press on the new G2 along with Bennington. 
Whole lot surprising to me.   Hope it isn't true but it came from a very reliable source.  Occurred to me that maybe Bennington was just parting ways with that particular dealer but this dealer has a really good reputation, at least with customers........ could be not so great with Bennington.    Believe me I'll be watching closely.

Back