Engine Wrap/decal

Steve

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any ideas or has wrapped their engine. I'm looking for an American flag or eagle decal/wrap for a Yamaha 200. 

I'd Google it! I'm sure someone out there has something to fit what you're looking for.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas or has wrapped their engine. I'm looking for an American flag or eagle decal/wrap for a Yamaha 200. 

Check out your local wrap/sign shop. If they can't do it they

will know someone who can.....

Thanks guys. I googled it and saw a few things but just wondering if anyone on here has ever done it or seen it on an engine. 

I've begun working with AdGraphics.us for my boat wrap.  I am getting my engine cowling done as well.  The sales person wasn't aware of what a cowling was, so I sent her this pic:

boat-wrap-marine-wrap-cowling-wrap-engine-cover-wrap-jason-mathias-art.png

It blew her mind!

They have an agreement with Guy Harvey that for a $300 donation to his Foundation, they can use his licensing of images, etc.  This is still very early, but here's one of the designs we're playing around with:

222048-albums8856-picture93202.png
222048-albums8856-picture93201.png

May just do a simple Guy Harvey signature on the cowling, haven't gotten that far yet.

Quote I received out the door is $2,011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I'm probably going to do for the cowling:

222048-albums8856-picture93203.png

I've begun working with AdGraphics.us for my boat wrap.  I am getting my engine cowling done as well.  The sales person wasn't aware of what a cowling was, so I sent her this pic:

It blew her mind!

They have an agreement with Guy Harvey that for a $300 donation to his Foundation, they can use his licensing of images, etc.  This is still very early, but here's one of the designs we're playing around with:

May just do a simple Guy Harvey signature on the cowling, haven't gotten that far yet.

Quote I received out the door is $2,011.

Here's what I'm probably going to do for the cowling:

222048-albums8856-picture93203.png

Those are cool! Would look a little funny up north though.

I just received the registration in the mail for our new boat.  I was surprised to see that they included a sticker they required to go on the engine cowling.  Where would it be placed so as not to be "smack in the middle" of a beautiful engine cowling wrap?

It should tell you where to put it. Never heard of one on the engine.

I just received the registration in the mail for our new boat.  I was surprised to see that they included a sticker they required to go on the engine cowling.  Where would it be placed so as not to be "smack in the middle" of a beautiful engine cowling wrap?

Did you have to register the motor along with the boat?

Yes boat and motor were both required to be registered in South Carolina.  Instructions say to place it on the side of the cowling.

Even better is the fact that we here in SC are taxed each year on the value of both boat and outboard 

Yep, on a depreciation scale that doesn't match the actual value of the car typically (usually taxed on a value over what car is actually worth)

Do you also get taxed each year on your cars?

I can't believe you are consistently taxed like that. Meanwhile I'm living in a state with the highest auto insurance rates in the country!!!! I guess every state has it's pros and cons. We're also way up on the expensive gas list too. Pure Michigan.

I can't believe you are consistently taxed like that. Meanwhile I'm living in a state with the highest auto insurance rates in the country!!!! I guess every state has it's pros and cons. We're also way up on the expensive gas list too. Pure Michigan.

I'd say Indiana has everyone beat on car excise tax though. Boats too. It's ridiculous. Just paid the Bennington and it was ~$450 with trailer, 4 years old. And then there is the property tax premium for being on waterfront land.

Our boat registration is like $23 for 3 years!!!! One time trailer registration as well for around $75-200.

I also get nailed on property taxes as I'm water front within city limits.

We live on an acre lot on the water.  With the homestead allowance/discount we pay around $1900 yearly on property taxes here in South Carolina.  No taxes on military retirement or social security either if over 65.  Not sure if this thread is the appropriate place for this little tidbit, but it seemed to fit in.

Back