EPA Sets Ethanol Amounts to Historic Levels ( Boating United )

Good old Debbie. My letter will be the same from her Jack. I thought she was there to represent the people of her state, not her own agenda. I'm pretty sure Michigan is #1 for the most registered boats as well but I guess that does not matter.

Here is the response a friend of mine got ( lives in same area as me ) .His was from the other side of the isle .

[SIZE=12pt]June 12, 2015 [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=12pt]Dear Mr. John [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). As your elected representative, I appreciate the opportunity to learn your views. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As you may know, in 2005, the Energy Policy Act established the RFS, which is overseen by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Since its enactment, the RFS has expanded and currently mandates an increased volume of renewable fuel to be blended into transportation fuel from 9 billion gallons in 2008 to 38 billion gallons by 2022. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As a lifelong resident of Northern Michigan, I support efforts to make our nation more energy efficient and independent, but I also believe that this cannot come at the cost our economic growth and freedom. [/SIZE]  Many residents of Northern Michigan have expressed an interest in scaling-back the RFS, as reduced availability of certain types of gasoline would be difficult for the many small engines prevalent in boats, snowmobiles, and other recreational vehicles widely used in our region.    

[SIZE=12pt]You may be pleased to know that I recently cosponsored, the "RFS Reform Act 2015," which, if enacted would prohibit the EPA from mandating the sale of gasoline that contains greater than 10 percent ethanol, thereby reducing the "blend-wall" issues. [/SIZE]  Please know I look forward to supporting this legislation should it come before the House of Representatives for a vote.

[SIZE=12pt]Again, thank you for contacting me on this issue. It is my hope that you will continue to communicate with me on the issues that matter most to you and your family. [/SIZE]  If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to call my office at 202-225-4735.

[SIZE=12pt]Sincerely,
DB_Sig.png

Dan Benishek M. D.
Member of Congress
SM_Image_Map.png
[/SIZE]  

[SIZE=12pt]Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]To share your thoughts with Congressman Benishek please go to--Email Me. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is some good news! Looks like the boats per state data was from 2002. I'd be curious to see how that has changed in the last 13 years. I think the Bennington sales alone since then would bump us up. There are 4 new bennington's on my lke this summer. All S series. I still have the fastest on the lake :D

Well that is some good news! Looks like the boats per state data was from 2002. I'd be curious to see how that has changed in the last 13 years. I think the Bennington sales alone since then would bump us up. There are 4 new bennington's on my lke this summer. All S series. I still have the fastest on the lake :D
I'll see if I can find some current data 

I think it said #9 in $ spent on new boats. Still 3rd in registered boats.

Back