ESP Package

harse

Reaction score
I was just reading the ESP page in the 2014 brochure and have a question. It said that power assisted steering and a 51 gallon gas tank comes with the ESP package. Is this right? I need to know because my dealer has the power assisted steering and gas tank as a option for more money. I hope some one can answer this for me. We are going to the dealer today and look at a 2250 GSR they just got in.

Here is I picture of the page in ESP page.

image.jpg

When I was at my dealer yesterday ,he told me that the reason that the printed catalogs are not readily available is because of multiple  mistakes .

What you mention is just one of many .

When I bought my 2013, those 2 options were described as part of the ESP package, however they were both priced separately. For the engine, it depends on the brand as Mercury includes their own power steering setup, whereas most of the others use the SeaStar Power Assist. I'm not sure why the tank is done that way, but there are so many configurations of layouts, etc that it might make more sense to price it that way.

By the way, I also went about 3 rounds on this with my dealer, and this is where it finally landed.

Thanks for the info. Just got the new brochure from our dealer today when we looked at a 2250 GSR. Also does any one know if you can get a fuel tank in the ESP toon other then the big 50 gallon tank? The boat we look at was just a regular pontoon and had the gas tank under a back seat. Would like the tank in the center toon but not for $1,400 cost of the 50 gallon tank.

They do offer a 37 gallon Mega Pan ,not sure what the requirements are on the G

I do know it is not available with the Express Package .

If you're getting ESP, then it's likely you're getting more than a 150hp engine. If so, realize that 52 gallons can go through those big engines in a huge hurry. I live on a small 800 acre lake and I am sometimes shocked at how much I used just playing for a few minutes on the loud pedal, much less pulling tubers all day long. I never thought I'd want a 52g tank, but it has been nice and saves me few trips to the fuel dock.

What is the meg pan 37 gallon? It is an option not sure what it is and where it would be located.

Back