ESP Performance

mbhenry1955

Reaction score
When we ordered our new Benny, I wanted the performance of our runabout.

We pull tubes and slalom skies for the 1st. time a couple of weeks ago.

It snapped the slalom skier up and was so quick out of the hole that he had no slack rope!

The real test was pulling tubes. I had both of my son in laws on a double tube and they like to be whipped hard.

Well, let just say I WAS IMPRESSED.

At 25+ MPH, I was turning lock to lock on the steering wheel and this boat performed very, very well. Having this boat roll up on it's side like a "Deep V" hull and turn on a dime was fun!

And with the smoother wake, whipping the tube from side to side gave the tubers a fast ride.

Thanks Bennington!

It snapped the slalom skier up and was so quick out of the hole that he had no slack rope!

The real test was pulling tubes. I had both of my son in laws on a double tube and they like to be whipped hard.

At 25+ MPH, I was turning lock to lock on the steering wheel and this boat performed very, very well. Having this boat roll up on it's side like a "Deep V" hull and turn on a dime was fun!

And with the smoother wake, whipping the tube from side to side gave the tubers a fast ride.

+1! With that 250 pushing you around, you're not only agile but pretty darn fast.

Thanks Bennington!

Ditto here.  Had same experience with both tubers and slalom skiers.  In fact, I have to ease the throttle down for all skiers due to the awesome torque generated by the 225 HO Evinrude ETEC engine on the Bennington pontoon with ESP.  No one can hang on to the ski rope when starting at full throttle. 

Yup... I love it when someone thinks my "Pontoon" can't throw them off the tube. I will take that money bet all day long!!!

Thanks Bennington!

ESP is the best! Planes in seconds and can hold a tight 360 until either the people on board get dizzy or the tubers fall. Only better tubing machine is our 2 stroke XLT waverunner.

I've never been on an esp boat but my sps sure jumps on plane and banks quite a bit in turns. Were are the videos of you guys hot dogging it?????

In case you haven't noticed, pontoon boat bows don't rise much before the hulls plane out and pick up speed. 

Because pontoons/tritoons are displacement hulls, they just go straight and level.  And what planing off is done fast.

As the boats gain speed, they often get the nosecones out of the water, and they're fooled into acting like a planing hull.

I just wish tritoons got the fuel mileage of a good straight inboard ski boat--like a Ski Nautique.  They certainly have the room to carry the whole neighborhood while doing water sports.

In case you haven't noticed, pontoon boat bows don't rise much before the hulls plane out and pick up speed. 

Because pontoons/tritoons are displacement hulls, they just go straight and level.  And what planing off is done fast.

As the boats gain speed, they often get the nosecones out of the water, and they're fooled into acting like a planing hull.

I just wish tritoons got the fuel mileage of a good straight inboard ski boat--like a Ski Nautique.  They certainly have the room to carry the whole neighborhood while doing water sports.

Had pontoons before this one with ESP. This boat doesn't act like the other ones. Check the video out.

I checked out the ESP upgrade and was sold. And it didn't disappoint me!

Back