Extended bimini

Steelbreeze

Reaction score
Hello, anyone purchase the extension for Bimini? Need something for front of boat and not sure if the zipper connection one from Bennington is best (i would think?) or other aftermarket one that is standalone. I have 2021 LSAPG

Hello, anyone purchase the extension for Bimini? Need something for front of boat and not sure if the zipper connection one from Bennington is best (i would think?) or other aftermarket one that is standalone. I have 2021 LSAPG
Okay just trying to understand what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to add a front Bimini to your rear one?

Per the Bennington rep that 22LSAPG one has a zipper connection, some after market i see actually have no attachment

If you go OEM with the zipper, then it secures it a bit more with the two becoming connected as one from what I’ve seen. I only have a rear bimini and no front bimini, so I don’t have first hand experience with them. That also means I have no idea what to get, cost differences between adding an OEM after the fact vs aftermarket, etc…

Lots of others though with front bimini’s. I feel like a few members have added them after the fact too. Hopefully some of them will get back with you soon. Good luck!!!

Thanks. Bennington was quick on the SKU list for the add on. Waiting on dealer pricing to see how far or close it is to aftermarket

Okay so do you already have the framework/struts for the front bimini? They will have to be installed then a canvas tech will have to fit the material on the front and "marry" it to the rear Bimini. When we added our front Bimini a heavy duty zipper was added to the rear Bimini to connect them.....

No I have nothing. Dealer gave me a price of $5100 for everything. Thats almost 6-7x aftermarket

I Started with the double Bimini (that zips together) and cable stays - allowing me to "cruise" at 40 mph+ without a worry. Without the cable stays, the max MPH is 30. For a non-zipped / aftermarket unit I would suspect even less. I have seen some really simple systems using pole that provide great shade, but must be taken up and down before moving. Details to consider.

I received a quote to add a front Bimini and it was over $5k. I was guessing half that but wasn’t close. They are nice, but high for my budget. Might have to look for the simple pole option.

Back