Extending factory cover to include all exposed flooring

Mpacker

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Bennington does not have their factory covers extended all the way fore and aft to cover exposed flooring? Has anyone had this done custom?
I have a new Q on order and was wondering if this would be a good idea to have done when seat covers are made?

We personally would run into problems if it covered both fore and aft decks. We would have an issue getting the cover on and off. On our Q most of the aft deck is covered. The fore deck is where we start and finish putting the cover on when we have the boat in a slip. We mainly trailer though but for weekend get away slips we always cover the boat when we are not on it.

I was going to have mine (QCW) modified to cover all of the deck . Then my dealer who also has a canvas shop told me that the mod would void my cover warranty. It's a good thing I didn't, the cover was replaced after the 1st season .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q7W8Pb8JnefU4aBJ7. On our old Bennington the entire boat was covered. The fore and aft flooring is exposed on our current boat. But I would have it altered to cover everything if the boat was kept outside.....

I understand the desire to cover as much as possible, but no harm will result from the floor being exposed.

It does fade . I can see a difference in 2 seasons . It is in a slip all season .

Back