Extra Wide Seat With Bolster?

Yianni

Reaction score
I see a lot of new boats being ordered but wonder if anyone orders the bolster on the seat. On my last boat I had to stand a lot to see what was ahead. It seems the bolster would be a nice addition.

Any thoughts?

Helm Seat 4_bolster up_1473.jpg

I liked my bolster seat on our bowrider but our Benny has an elevated helm which makes the bolster unnecessary for most people. I think it's also more comfortable not having the bolster, but that's just my opinion of course.

We are both short, and the bolster on our 2005 Bennington was so comfortable that we left it up always...and ordered one for our 2018. We find the new one not nearly as comfortable...feels like there's a 2x4 under our thighs after 20 minutes of riding. We DO use it when we need need height, but don't leave it up all the time...hubby now cruises with the seat down and two throw cushions.

I just took delivery of mine and the bolster was one of those items I second guessed a million times. I ended up not getting it but did get the elevated helm. For me the bolster would have ended up being a waste of money. The elevated helm is all I need (I'm 5'9" for reference)

Back