EZ-Fender Mounting

archangel

Reaction score
I was getting ready to mount the EZ-Fender brackets on my 2574 GCW on the right side, but noticed the hydraulic line for the steering wheel and the electric for the LED lights for the bimini run through the top rail of the fence.

Question for Bennington and for anyone else who could answer, is it safe to drill a 1/8" hole and mount the EZ-fender brackets on top rail? I don't want to puncture the hydraulic line or the nick the electrical line.

I was getting ready to mount the EZ-Fender brackets on my 2574 GCW on the right side, but noticed the hydraulic line for the steering wheel and the electric for the LED lights for the bimini run through the top rail of the fence.

Question for Bennington and for anyone else who could answer, is it safe to drill a 1/8" hole and mount the EZ-fender brackets on top rail? I don't want to puncture the hydraulic line or the nick the electrical line.
We'll check and get back with ya!

Sounds like you may have a power top and those are the hydraulic lines? Or it could be the LED bimini wiring. We don't recommend that you drill into the rail, since the dealer would have no way to replace the line if you hit one. The lines run from the actuator forward to the console. If you put fenders behind the actuator or in front of the side gate(s), you should be fine.

May I suggest Tidy-Ups?

They don't require any drilling at all and are REAL convenient.

I used to use those.

They had an unfortunate tendency to fall off when you weren't watching. PLUS you have to tie a knot in the line to raise the fenders and untie it to lower them.

I originally resisted buying Tidy-Ups as an unnecessary extravagance, but I was wrong. Very wrong.

This picture is from Amazon, but you can find them at pretty much any marina:

51eOZqWZn2L._AA300_.jpg

On my 2275 GCW the fence panels run all the way to the top rail and I do not have a "rail" to wrap around. Short of drilling, does anyone know of another product that will work with the Bennington Rail from the top?

I have the same issue as Ground Time with the rails on our RCW. Suggestion?

This is exactly my problem with the 2574 GCW. No where to mount, but on top of the rail since the fence goes all the way to the top of the rail. No space in between for the Tidy-Ups (which I like the concept) hence, why I chose the EZ-Fender. I could say this is a design flaw in the Bennington, but I really love the boat.

Sure I can tie the fenders on each door, and tie around the bimini mounts (which I do today), but I would like to have 3 fender on each side when tied up at the sandbar or dock.

Bennington - Any thoughts for us who like to use fenders to protect our investment?

I use the Hot Headz foam twist ties. I have been using them for several years and really like them. Easy to use, no snaps, no holes to drill, and I've never lost a fender

Steve

I was looking at the newer Bennys today to see what y'all meant.

Odd that I hadn't noticed before...

One thing I DID see is that many of these boats have metal-work on the sided that looks promising as a place to hang tidy-ups. It looks like all you'd have to do is push in on the fence slight;y to slide the strap in.

It's the only thing I can think of that would be helpful.

I bought 8 stainless steel eye bolts (1/4") and installed them at the top of the upright braces just under the top rail. Cut to length, polished,all stainless, etc. Ordered 8 stainless "trigger snaps" and wove them with 3 strand rope and at the proper length, wove an eye onto the fenders. Now I can just snap a fender where I need it. I'll post pics if needed.

Pics would help. I am still on the fence on what I am going to do.

Back