EZ Fender Question

Conehead

Reaction score
Just purchased my first Bennington and took the advice of some on here and got the ez fenders. I did a search regarding the ez fenders and did not see any comments regarding interferring with the cover? It appears that the seats are high enough to prevent the cover from contacting the ez fender, is it a problem? My boat is at the dealer getting the amp replaced so I can't look at it.

Last edited:
Just purchased by first Bennington and took the advice of some on here and got the ez fenders. I did a search regarding the ez fenders and did not see any comments regarding interferring with the cover? It appears that the seats are high enough to prevent the cover from contacting the ez fender, is it a problem? My boat is at the dealer getting the amp replaced so I can't look at it.
It's a great product and the cover goes right over it and is not a problem! Screenshot_20240323-224705.png

Appreciate it! My boat is in Hot Springs Arkansas on Lake Hamilton.

There is no interference , but when I had a Sunbrella Cover made for my 2014 RCW they did reinforced the area where the EZ Fenders were mounted . Depending on model and where you mount them ,the cover does ride on the thumb screw .

Just purchased my first Bennington and took the advice of some on here and got the ez fenders. I did a search regarding the ez fenders and did not see any comments regarding interferring with the cover? It appears that the seats are high enough to prevent the cover from contacting the ez fender, is it a problem? My boat is at the dealer getting the amp replaced so I can't look at it.
Curious why you didn’t get Benningtons “Quick Fender Latch Kit”…it’s a lot less intrusive than the EZ Fender….

Dan

What I dislike about fenders mounts that a fixed to the boat are that docks and other boats aren't always the same. IE: docks can have things that stick out in different locations, and boats other than pontoons aren't always straight sided. I prefer to be able to place the fenders where I need them when I need them. I prefer to use an easy clip on my fenders, and we actually use three different types of fenders depending on what we are doing. From your straight tube like fenders which are most common, ball type fenders, to the Mission fender tube. We go to a large number of lakes with our boat so we ended up using a lot of different docks and do a lot of type ups with different sizes and types of boats. We have these for easy adjustablilty and placement locations of our fenders for where we need them when we need them. And one stays on each fender when we store our fenders.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Pontoon-Hangers-Bumpers-Accessories/dp/B095HGYSR1?th=1

Not bashing the installed fender mounts, just found that they don't work for us and there are other options.

Curious why you didn’t get Benningtons “Quick Fender Latch Kit”…it’s a lot less intrusive than the EZ Fender….

Dan

What I dislike about fenders mounts that a fixed to the boat are that docks and other boats aren't always the same. IE: docks can have things that stick out in different locations, and boats other than pontoons aren't always straight sided. I prefer to be able to place the fenders where I need them when I need them. I prefer to use an easy clip on my fenders, and we actually use three different types of fenders depending on what we are doing. From your straight tube like fenders which are most common, ball type fenders, to the Mission fender tube. We go to a large number of lakes with our boat so we ended up using a lot of different docks and do a lot of type ups with different sizes and types of boats. We have these for easy adjustablilty and placement locations of our fenders for where we need them when we need them. And one stays on each fender when we store our fenders.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Pontoon-Hangers-Bumpers-Accessories/dp/B095HGYSR1?th=1

Not bashing the installed fender mounts, just found that they don't work for us and there are other options.
Thanks for the responses. I wasn’t planning to put but a couple down both sides in the places I would need the the most. I have the adjustable clips as well and if I’m honest I have way more fenders/bumpers than I would ever need! I guess you could say I’m anal about my boat.
Dan, I looked for the Bennington ones and did a search on their site for accessories and didn’t see them?

Dan, I looked for the Bennington ones and did a search on their site for accessories and didn’t see them?
Not Dan, but here is what he is referencing. You can check with an authorized Bennington dealer about them:

Benny Quick Fender Latch Kit - Silver (Qty 6) 903439: Qty. 6​

Hope this helps​

Here’s a quick YouTube of what they look like and how they work…As you can see in the video it is a very low profile button that gets installed on your boat…

Dan

Here’s a quick YouTube of what they look like and how they work…As you can see in the video it is a very low profile button that gets installed on your boat…

Dan
Pretty slick and definitely low profile. Thanks!

Back