EZ Fender

Link

Reaction score
I installed my EZ Fender, think they look great and are easy to use. Happy with them but two issues; Could not place a pair rear of the front strut of my bimini because would have a problem with the mooring cover going over it. IMO a design flaw as the wheel that grips the rope does not have a stop on it to prevent it from coming completely out. They even give you a replacement wheel screw in with the screw package so it must be fairly common mistake. I will just be sure to raise and lower the fenders myself rather than have a want to be helpful but unsuspecting guest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Link! Nice and neat!

I have them and am thinking about screwing them all all the way in and sticking a gob of epoxy or JB Weld on the last few threads. That might make it harder to turn them all they way out.

What do you think?

The EZ Fender is fairly wide itself. I was only able to place them slightly off center, away from the boat; the reason being to get at the screw wheel which ends up pretty close to the back of the furniture. I also considered not only using some type of glue on the entire base but after doing the first one the screw seemed to really tighten up nice and there isn't a lot of load on the EZ Fender so I just used the screws they provided. Time will tell but at this point I am glad I did it.

Thanks Daril

I was referring to using the glue (or something similar) on the end of the screw to keep it from coming completely out of the housing and going into the drink.

Back