Factory trolling motor plug

Brokanbusted

Reaction score
I bought a trolling motor for my boat and Ian planning to install it this weekend. I have a 20sf that I bought new with the factory trolling motor package. This did not include a trolling motor. It is however prewired for the motor. 

My problem is the boat is currently 250 miles away at the lake house and I cannot confirm what plug it requires. I would like to have all the parts on hand before leaving as the lake is very remote.

Does anyone know what style of plug is installed by the factory? And yes, I called the dealer but they said they would have to look at it to know?? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Contact Bennington by phone or email, their contact # is on their website. They will be able to tell you the type of plug you will need. The Bennington customer service is excellent. If you provide your hull # they can probably pull your original build sheet. 

Our fishing model included the male end. There is the battery holddown and wiring to the female plug installed.   I installed it on the power lead for the trolling motor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be handy! I guess I'm going to have to look into that. Now that you mention it the wife thinks she has" that little black thingy" hidden away somewhere!

Thank you

Mine also included the male plug needed. 

Back