Feedback on EZ Fenders or other bumper device

I thought so too Mike. They look nice and solid and I like that they are portable, but wow on the price!

Bronco;

Those quick cleats look nice and heavy duty, but price listed is $120 per pair? That is darned expensive.

They are very solid and dependable. They are pricey at $120 but I need the stainless steel due to being in salt water. I like the look as well but I'd like them less costly more, if that was an option. Being able to move them maybe saves you some money because you don't need to buy clips for both sides of your boat. You just move them to the other side when you need to instead of buying double the number of clips.

Great information. What about fenders on the QX models? Of course it is fiberglass and does not have rails to hook on to. Suggestions please. Thank you.

Great information. What about fenders on the QX models? Of course it is fiberglass and does not have rails to hook on to. Suggestions please. Thank you.

I think these are probably one of your few choices.

IMG_0065.jpg

The hanging Taylor made clips break if you use big fenders.
The hanging Taylor made clips break if you use big fenders.
NEVER had a a problem with breaking Taylor made clips. Work great and can move them about wherever you need them No holes to drill in your boat, and in addition, got them with no charge from our dealer with the bumpers and and still have the original clips. If I do need additional clips, know they can be had inexpensively.

Although, I must admit the ez fenders do look sharp and appear as if they were original equipment on the boat. Very professional looking, but still like the versatility of the taylor made clips.

The Taylor made clip probably work better with the Q series on down. Can see where they may not work for your QX series. I do have big fenders and have NO problem.

I have had the ones that Semp posted above on both of my previous boats. Worked great! Just purchased ez fenders. More drilling to come but no big deal!

For anyone with a QX or QX Sport, these fender locks are an option on Malibu boats and work great. You need to have access to the back side of the gunnel, not sure if that's easy enough to do on the QX and QX Sport, but these are a slick option that works good.

Since you asked about others too , I'll put in my $.02 worth...

I like the taylor made hangers. The biggest plus with these is the ability to hang them anywhere you want vs a solid mount to the railing. Not a big deal if you only use them in your slip but not all slips are the same and murphy will tell you if they are solid mounted , they will never be in the right spot if you want to tie up with some other boats. They adjust as easy as anything out there and its literally 2 seconds to put them out or bring them in.

2x on the Taylor Made Hangers. It all I use on my 22ssx

Back