Fire pits

I would NEVER have an open fire on a boat. There may not be gas fumes but I'll bet there's alcohol! :eek:

But if I did have an open fire, I would put sand bags in the front benches to level the boat! Heck, I might be able to use the sand to put out the fire! :)
(inside forum joke promulgated by those of us that manifest our defects of character through sarcastic wit)

Last edited:
But if I did have an open fire, I would put sand bags in the front benches to level the boat! Heck, I might be able to use the sand to put out the fire! :)
(inside forum joke)

We wanted to solve both problems, unlevel boat (inside forum joke), and having a safe fire, so we took out one of the bow seats and built a brick fireplace in its place. :);):mad::eek::rolleyes:

This is a fun thread. Just imagine what a USCG patrol, game warden, or police officer on the water would think if they stopped a boat with an intentional open fire and sandbags. :D

"Sir have you been drinking tonight?"

On a side note, my wife mentioned getting a fire pit for our yard but I'm too nervous an ember will land on the boat cover!

Back