First boat ever, went with the Bennington

Dennis T.

Reaction score
Very cool site and forum. bought my first boat this month, a 2014 SSLX with SPS package and a 200 hp Yamaha. no trailer, but i got to take over the covered slip on Cherokee Lake in East Tennessee. Family and i are thrilled, looking forward to many great hours on the water.

Congratulations on your new boat, this really is a great site extremely helpful people with fast replies, i have a 2014 22' slx similar to yours, and absolutely love the boat. Bennington is a Fantastic builder, with light maintenance you will have this boat for a long time. Congrats again and enjoy your new boat!

Congratulations. That is a great package.

Congrats, and welcome aboard!

You made the right decision. Welcome to the club!

Very cool site and forum. bought my first boat this month, a 2014 SSLX with SPS package and a 200 hp Yamaha. no trailer, but i got to take over the covered slip on Cherokee Lake in East Tennessee. Family and i are thrilled, looking forward to many great hours on the water.

Welcome to the forum and brotherhood that is Bennington. We have the same boat/layout, toon setup and motor. I'm able to get 44.4mph out of mine. And we like to see photos so lets see that new boat!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and .... pics or it ain't true.... :D

After having jet ski's for a few years my first boat was also a Bennington. I'm now on my second one and will not even consider another brand.

Congrats on your decision on the boat and joining this forum. And you better post the pics or members won't stop asking!

Great setup, congrats and welcome.

Congratulations on the new Benny, obviously you have great taste, not only in a manufacturer but in the model too!

Congratulations on a great new boat. Sounds like a fantastic set up. You'll have years of family fun with it. Looking forward to seeing pictures whenever you get a chance.

thanks everyone! i am working on the pics. i do not use any file sharing sites and a direct post of a pic is not easy if at all possible. I will work on it and post as soon as possible.

Yeah, I noticed with the new format the allowed pic size was reduced. With all the "requirements" to post pics it should be more generous.

Welcome to the forum and brotherhood that is Bennington. We have the same boat/layout, toon setup and motor. I'm able to get 44.4mph out of mine. And we like to see photos so lets see that new boat!
pics posted, and other than color it looks like we have the same build. 24', sslx. plan to be on h2o all weekend, will post more pics after that. DT

Back