Fishy Delivery Delay Story

Je1279

Reaction score
My parents ordered a 21SSRCX the first week of April and it was supposedly built the first week of June. They called the dealer on 6/16 to see if it arrived yet and were told it was supposed to arrive on 6/15 but nobody has heard from the truck driver. Fast forward to today I reached out to the dealer to check on the status and was told  that an axle broke on the truck and the boat wouldn't be delivered until it could be fixed. While I guess this situation possible it seems extremely unlikely and why wouldn't they have notified them about this? Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

My parents ordered a 21SSRCX the first week of April and it was supposedly built the first week of June. They called the dealer on 6/16 to see if it arrived yet and were told it was supposed to arrive on 6/15 but nobody has heard from the truck driver. Fast forward to today I reached out to the dealer to check on the status and was told  that an axle broke on the truck and the boat wouldn't be delivered until it could be fixed. While I guess this situation possible it seems extremely unlikely and why wouldn't they have notified them about this? Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Call bennington. They'll confirm if the boat was shipped. The typical route is to go through your dealer but might be worth calling direct. I'm not in the trucking business but it seams an axle could be repaired/replaced within 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they didn't build it or ship it yet I'd be following up with a  call to the dealer that starts like this "So I called Bennington marine and spoke to XXXX...."

Call bennington. They'll confirm if the boat was shipped. The typical route is to go through your dealer but might be worth calling direct. I'm not in the trucking business but it seams an axle could be repaired/replaced within 24 hours.

Let me offer up a slightly better solution. Since the factory is running like scalded dogs these days, I suggest you visit the dealership and ask that he/she phone the zone rep (the dealer knows EXACTLY how to reach them). Ask that the call be made on speaker phone so that everyone involved is operating off the same information.

Thanks goldnrod24. A delayed delivery is frustrating but being blatently lied to is unacceptable. Hopefully this is a freak situation as they said.

an axle broke on the truck and the boat wouldn't be delivered until it could be fixed.

Classic story though.  Your item is late because the truck broke down and the truck repair parts are on back order.  It will be a blast when they get her.

Back