Fit in garage?

Padre

Reaction score
Hopefully, if the weather ever breaks, I'll be picking up my new 22SSFX in May. It is on a single axle Karavan trailer. Does anyone know if it will fit into a standard height garage? On my Alumacraft Trophy 195 I had to let a LOT of air out of the tires.

No it won't fit through Standard garage door.

Hopefully, if the weather ever breaks, I'll be picking up my new 22SSFX in May. It is on a single axle Karavan trailer. Does anyone know if it will fit into a standard height garage? On my Alumacraft Trophy 195 I had to let a LOT of air out of the tires.
Hey Padre..............

We bought a high top conversion van back in 2000. We decided if we're going to spend this much money on this vehicle...........it's going in the garage to protect it. We have a 3 car garage w/a double door and single door. We had the double door opening raised to 8 feet and a new matching door installed. Well worth the money! You might want to look into doing something like this to protect that Bennington investment............We sold that van in 2010 and the paint still looked new..........

I have a cantilever style trailer. I had to crank it down till the boat was literally one inch off the ground in order to get it in.

Maybe changing out trailer types would work.

Thanks

Alex...

I have an 8 ft door and have to take the Bimini off pull the windshield put the seat and tilt wheel as low as they go and it only clears by about 1inch. I use it to store the boat for winter. It would not be feasible even with the 8ft tall door to put in and out all the time. Also, my garage is 24ft by 30 ft and my 2075gli fits so tight length wise that u have to put the motor between the studs, push in the surge tung on the trailer and the door still rubs!

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't fit, but I'd thought I'd ask anyways. Thanks all. It will be kept outside until we get to Canada!

Padre: You're always going to get good opinions on this forum--even if you don't ask for it. I know you didn't give any details about horsepower or hull configuration but:

If you're going to be towing your boat very much and if you're going to buy the tritoon or engine over 90 hp--go for a tandem axle trailer. Your boat is still relatively heavy. Having a roadworthy trailer is money well spent.

gallery_3043_227_84340.jpg

This picture may give you an idea of the size of the pontoon on a bunk trailer vs. a standard garage....I know it won't fit in my garage!!!!

I have an 8 ft door and have to take the Bimini off pull the windshield put the seat and tilt wheel as low as they go and it only clears by about 1inch. I use it to store the boat for winter. It would not be feasible even with the 8ft tall door to put in and out all the time. Also, my garage is 24ft by 30 ft and my 2075gli fits so tight length wise that u have to put the motor between the studs, push in the surge tung on the trailer and the door still rubs!
Can you install a swing away tongue to help ?

http://www.etrailer....CFQyZ4AodOTMA6w

IMG_1742.JPG

SwingTongueKit_LG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, an aftermarket swing away hitch? I've never seen one, granted I've also never looked for one, but I wonder, does that alter your capacities at all?

Wow, an aftermarket swing away hitch? I've never seen one, granted I've also never looked for one, but I wonder, does that alter your capacities at all?
Derrick,

From everything I've seen or read, no. I was going to get it for our GG but ended up selling it (like I needed another project).

Back