Fixing/Cleaning Deck “Staining”?

smorourke

Reaction score
Hey folks - I have this discoloration on the rear deck of my 2014 SL. Has anyone seen this before? Is this something I can clean or is this sun damage/other damage? If the later, any way to fix it? Thanks for any suggestions!

PS - took the pics while it was raining

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpeg
    IMG_6086.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6084.jpeg
    IMG_6084.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 15
I should state I’ve tried cleaning with non-skid cleaner, pontoon deck cleaner and most recently with simple green marine. So I might be answering my own question…

Is that teak flooring? If so, I found this cleaning article. Looks like a lot of sweat equity needed.

Good luck! I’m sure someone else will chime in

My guess is there is a clear wear layer in the vinyl that has UV faded or been etched by some chemical reaction. Or perhaps it's separating internally - in any event if it's not covered by warranty perhaps the dealer can advise how to repair?

Agree with Potomacbassin..... the vinyl looks to be damaged by the sun. Something that can't be "cleaned". Looks like it needs to be replaced. The seagrass flooring on my 2019 was faded in the front and back where it wasn't covered by the mooring cover. Plus a factory rep noticed some adhesive bleed through so it was replaced under warranty. Check to see if your dealer has dealt with this problem before ....

Back