Fixing short ladder on 2275i 24 ft

bull46

Reaction score
My ladder is too short. Can't get back in boat. What is best solution? After market or can existing ladder be modified? Need help!!!!! I know this is a common problem but do not know best fix. Dale at bullish46@gmail.com

My ladder is too short. Can't get back in boat. What is best solution? After market or can existing ladder be modified? Need help!!!!! I know this is a common problem but do not know best fix. Dale at bullish46@gmail.com
Do you have any "Teeny Weeny" or enlarged pictures ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to bearcatcorp.com then custom fabrication then rear entry ladders. They make ladder for Bennington but the third rung only comes to water level due to height of oval pontoons. It needs two more rungs. I talked to Bennington and bearcat . No help

Last edited by a moderator:
Only things I can think of are : A- see if Bearcat will make a custom folded section that has extra rungs. That is probably a pricey endeavor. Option B- (keep in mind that I can't go look at my boat so not sure of the workings of the ladder off top of my head) could you do a double fold down ladder? Order another folded section with the little bracket and put it on the other folded section? Although you would have to come up with some other sort of mechanism to lock the extra section of ladder to keep it from pushing 'under' the boat when trying to climb it. Hmmmm not really sure without spending some quality time looking at the ladder and folding bracket.

Ohhhh I got it!! Trade in your current motor and get the biggest mammoth of a motor you can! That extra weight will sink that ass end enough!! Maybe that 557hp motor from the other post! Hehe, sorry not making light of your situation, just always trying to think of excuses to drop more hp on the boat!

Derrick

It would take a little backyard engineering but I think you could buy an extra ladder to use. I would extend the original hinge area where you could add the extra hinge section and it would fold over into the cavity made by extending the original hinge. This would make the extra section lock against the mid section as the original did. ( no swinginging under the boat) Over simplfied here but doable. Steve

Ahh yes Steve, at least then you could still use the original hinge on the lower ladder. That way your snap strap could still work too. Couple little brackets made from thicker aluminum stock with pins through them, have to figure out a way to either 90* bend it or a little welded on stop for the ladder to rest against when in down position so it stays rigid.

Back