Floating Work Dock

Julianna

Reaction score
Curious if anyone could recommend a floating work dock. The canal we live on does not allow us to build a rap around dock due to the canal width. So when I pull it in facing north, I know I’m not cleaning the starboard side as well as the port side. Normally each time I come in I reverse which side I come in. I guess it’s ok to do it this way but I’m meticulous when it comes to cleaning. So wondering if someone could recommend a floating dock they have used before? Something that weighs no more than 75-100 pounds. Tyia for your responses.

Hmmm, how about a small rowboat or something similar?

Foam sandwiched between plywood is the common thing in Sarasota. It’s kinda heavy. But cheap. Very stable.

What about an inflatable water mat. Most are 5 to 8 feet wide by 8 to 15 feet long. I have a 5 x 8 and when inflated it is rigid and can be walked on without much give while in the water. I have seen a 40 inch by 20 feet long gym tumbling mat that is inflatable as well.

Put a sheet of plywood on top of that mat and it’s perfect.

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I remember now I have an old innertube that I use to pull the kids with. It was good size where I could pull four munchkins in there. Maybe a thin piece of plywood on that would work well. Have a great day! and thanks again!

Are you talking about cleaning the toons or the panels ?

Are you talking about cleaning the toons or the panels ?
Both but especially the toons. I’m so irritated with my dealer I could scream! I have another question about my engine that I’m putting on the QX thread. Hope you guys can help me there also

Both but especially the toons. I’m so irritated with my dealer I could scream! I have another question about my engine that I’m putting on the QX thread. Hope you guys can help me there also
The best way to clean your toons is to get in the water! When we kept our boat in the water, we used to find a no-wake zone cove and we used our "throw pillows" to sit/float on. Several members on here use wash gloves or rags and just wipe away! We've even had members use a life jacket upside down by slipping their legs through and float and clean their toons! Whatever works for you!

Last edited:
The best way to clean your toons are to get in the water! When we kept our boat in the water, we used to find a no-wake zone cove and we used our "throw pillows" to sit/float on. Several members on here use wash gloves or rags and just wipe away! We've even had members use a life jacket upside down by slipping their legs through and float and clean their toons! Whatever works for you!
Great idea!

Back