Flotation foam in the toons

Mel

Reaction score
Lets say that I have 6 people on board and there total weight is 1800 lbs. and that is the max weight allowed according to the plac card. I hit a rock and one section of toon fills with water. What happens ?

How big is the pontoon? That's 6 people who weigh 300 lbs each. As the boat starts to list to one corner, I would hope they all don't run to the other corner because 1800 lbs on one side of the boat could be a problem. Since the toons are sealed into multiple air tight sections, and in your scenario you only have one section taking on water, I would expect you to be able to calmly situate them on the boat so that you can safely navigate to the closest land or dock. If they are all young girls screaming at the top of their lungs and running in all different directions with their hair on fire, some might get wet. I would still expect the boat to float and only ride low in the water at the section that was damaged.

Lets say that I have 6 people on board and there total weight is 1800 lbs. and that is the max weight allowed according to the plac card. I hit a rock and one section of toon fills with water. What happens ?
Say NO to foam filled logs! Imagine how difficult it is to remove a block of water-soaked foam from a tube to make a repair. Bennington tubes are chambered with fully enclosed bulkheads. A punctured tube will simply list. :) TB

Back