Fogged guages

sjhorner9475

Reaction score
Made my first boat purchase this spring, a 2013 2375 GCW. I have to say my wife and I are thrilled and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Today while out on the lake I noticed for the first time that one of the three guages had moisture behind the glass. Any idea why this would be happening and what I can do to correct it?

Thanks

Congratulations! Glad you are having a fun time with your boat.

There was a lot of discussion about your gauge fogging issue just a few weeks ago. You can go search for that, but the bottom line is lots of people have this problem. Unfortunately, sounds like there's nothing you can do about it. There are reports of this problem on boat models going back several years. Some have replaced them, only to find the replacements do the same thing.

Good news is it's temporary. Bad news is it's permanent. What I mean is it goes away once the gauge temp and the air temp equalize. But then it will do it again the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, what Kaydano said.

Ditto on above responses ..... Just one of those things/quirks ..... Mine had it yesterday, 1/2 hour later ..... gone .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here! I contacted my dealer and he offered to replace it but have chosen to not do that since the new guage will do the same thing.

Jack

Back