Frustrated with Bennington

Riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
I signed a purchase order for a 2013 Bennington SSRX at the LA boat show on February 8 it was the display boat the rep from Bennington promised me the world tons of extras so I signed the contract and supplied my own financing its now April 4 and I'm still sitting on the beach with no boat and I'm still waiting for Bennington to produce the stuff for my boat that is sitting on the trailer at the dealers lot. Is this Benningtons typical customer service!!!!!

I am hoping to here back from someone from Bennington to resolve these issues

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds more like a dealer issue. I have my third Bennington ready to deliver this spring and I have every confidence in Bennington. While my only issues have been minor all have been taken care of. make sure you have contacted Bennington directly. They will take care of you. The economy is still iffy and dealers may be challenged. Don't despair you will be happy with the end result

Agree with Glorey. Pontoons (and boats) are a bunch of parts coming from dozens of suppliers, each with their own supply problems. It's a wonder they do as well getting the components together as they do.

Hang in there, and it's going to get better.

Bennington doesn't sell boats factory direct. Please discuss this issue with the dealer from whom you bought this boat. Your broad brush attack won't get you anywhere here.

BM as a manufacturer has demonstrated over and over again their high degree of integrity.

Please talk to your dealer and report back. Any more vague statements will result in this thread being taken down. At this point in the game, BM isn't to blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington is a first class operation.

Did you purchase the exact boat that was at the LA boat show? If so, was it supposed to go back to the factory for the added "extras" or were they supposed to be dealer installed. Just trying to understand what the issue is. If was the boat that was at the LA boat show, the it sounds like a dealer issue nd not something that Bennington would be responsible for a since it left their factory according to the dealer spec and since it's already on the dealers lot, it would be in to them to make it right.

Keep us posted

Todd

Just re_read your post. Is the dealer saying bennington hasn't shipped the parts that were the "extras" that was part of the deal? What extras are you waiting on? How far away from the dealer are you? Is it something that you could launch the boat without and come back at a later date?

The last Wellcraft I ordered came from the factory missing the trim tabs and electronics box in the t top. The dealer said it was 3 more weeks before they got the parts. I took the boat as is and brought it back when the parts were shipped to the dealer and did rhe 20 hour check up.

My point is, could you be on the water now if the parts were installed? Of so, can you live without the extras for a short time until they are available or are they must haves before you splash it for the 1st time?

Todd

Thanks

Todd

As others have stated, the FIRST thing to do is talk to the dealer, then if necessary contact Bennington customer service.

Get ALL the facts, and IF you want to start a thread with the FACTS stated, that is fine, especially if posted in a "help me" type thread.

It's not fair to Bennington to make broad, factless statements in a thread without some detail.

Though we don't encourage "bashing" there is a way to go about it tactfully, by asking for help, but to state Benningtons at fault without posting all the details again, is not fair to them.

TB will almost always step in in a day or two to help customers with these types of issues, but you Must give a little time.

They are not on here every single minute as they have full time jobs with Bennington and do this when time permits.

I'm sure you will get what was promised (in writing) .........

As goldenrod stated, be careful how far you push this thread without some true details or it may be locked/removed.

You will find lots of help and friends here, and we are all willing to help.

Smitty

I did email Benningtons customer service last night thank you for that suggestion I realize that some of these issues are on a dealer level. The boat is at the dealer and the dealer is installing these upgrades I'm waiting for then to be shipped from Benningtons factory and that's all the dealer is stating to me. Some of the issue is with mercury due to the fact I upgraded the motor and I guess mercury is back logged and the motor is 4 weeks out. The dealer did offer for me to take the boat with what it has now and when everything comes in take it in and they will install everything. I don't feel comfortable with doing that due to the fact if something happens to that motor it will be on me and its not the motor I want. I'm not trying to bash or degrade Benningtons name or product they put out I know they are the crem de la crem of pontoon boats.

So what are "the world" of options you were changing or promised? Just to give us an idea.

And to some of the people stating be careful what you say without your facts I could post all the facts I'm being a lil vague on the details I could post everything that I'm suppose to get and the dealer but I don't want to do that to protect Bennington and the dealer. There is a resurgence in the boat market that nobody could of predicted and its got manufactures behind so I relive that they are behind I just want dates as to when things will be shipped that is all

You weren't being vague, you didn't give any. Not until your last post where you said about a Mercury motor, which isn't the fault of Bennington, yet they are the ones you are blaming. I'm almost positive if you had ordered a boat with everything you wanted on Feb 8, you would have it by now. So that's why we ask what options. Nobody asked how much were they, what did you pay in total, or anything like that. We just want to know what it is that Bennington is supposedly failing to do efficiently that is causing frustration. If you give us details, we might understand. There is nothing to "protect" them from, unless they are making my submarine center pontoon idea for you because THAT is MY IDEA!!! Hahaha fill us in, we're all friends! :)

Riverrat, welcome aboard!

You say that you signed a purchase order, ok, who's name was at the top of that order? If it said Bennington Marine LLC. then, yes, you can complain about Bennington.

However if it said XYZ Boat sales, then your complaint must be directed to them, as they took delivery of the boat as part of their inventory, and are responsible for any changes to the factory platform.

As far as waiting for optional equipment, Bennington orders their parts from several suppliers based on projected sales and current orders. They do not warehouse thousands of parts 'just in case' extra's are needed, and will not sacrifice production for special options ordered after the boat has been delivered. In other words, if you had ordered a new boat to be built with those options, it would have come off the assembly line as ordered. As it stands now, you may have to wait for those items until production commitments have been satisfied, and if extras are available. If no extras are left, your items may be part of the next order Bennington places with that supplier.

As others have mentioned, it may be best for you to take the boat and enjoy it as is, get written confirmation from your DEALER that the optional equipment will be installed as it becomes available, and don't worry about hurting that engine, it has a warranty.

Keep us posted, and get out and enjoy that new boat!

There is some light at the end of the tunnel I just got shipping confirmations for theotor amd the other stuff is shipping mon everything other than the seat inserts. I put a deadline to the dealer and its amazing how fast things start happening.

Wow I don't know what to say.

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. Keep us updated, but in the end it sounds like this was more a dealer "issue", than a

"Bennington" issue ..... Either way you should be getting what you wanted, and soon will enjoy the Bennington experience ......

It probably was a dealer issue and as soon as I told them they had two weeks or I'm pulling the whole order it's amazing how fast they got conformations for shipping I originally was told and promised the boat by Easter weekend as that's kinda the opener in so-cal

Good for you RR. It is amazing sometimes when you say you are going to take your money elsewhere how motivated some people get! :)

I still want to hear what we're getting for options! :D

Back