Fuel Additive

Jim & Mikki

Reaction score
We will be getting our first Bennington 2275GCW delivered later this summer and I don't know which way to go with fuel. Corn free or E-10 with some type of additive. Does anyone have information on what would be the best additive to use with Ethanol? Thanks

We will be getting our first Bennington 2275GCW delivered later this summer and I don't know which way to go with fuel. Corn free or E-10 with some type of additive. Does anyone have information on what would be the best additive to use with Ethanol? Thanks
I like the Mercury Quickare product, I use it on with every fill up and use Quickleen on every other (I have a 150hp Verado engine):

From the Merc. parts express website:

Quickare is a fuel treatment that can be used at every fill-up to: * Maximize engine performance with all grades of gasoline * Help control corrosion, gum and varnish build-up and phase separation associated with ethanol-blended fuel * Help control moisture and corrosion problems associated with non-ethanol-blended fuel * Clean up existing varnish and gum deposits from fuel llines, tanks, carburetors and injectors, intake valves and spark plugs * Keep fuel fresh between fill-ups - up to 3 months * 1 ounce treats 10 gallons - 12 ounce bottle treats 120 gallons

I have used Valvtect Ethanol gas treatment and also the Marine formula Sta bil. They are both very good products. But since our marina has ethanol free fuel I stopped using them............

These fuel additives will still help keep your fuel system clean and guard against moisture and corrosion. Unfortunately fuel doesn't stay long in our tank..............Ha!

I just remembered............I have also used Star Brite star tron gasoline additive. Good product, inexpensive, and treated many gallons.............

Back