Fuel filter water separator

ccbb088

Reaction score
Does all the 2014 Mercury 115's have a fuel filter water separator? If so just curious., and where is it?

On my 2014  RCW (150 Merc ) it was optional ,it is located under the deck ,above the transom  behind the black plastic cover.

If you have one, it is in the fuel lines at the back of the boat.  It is not in the engine.  Your build sheet will tell you if it was ordered. 

On our Honda there is a small water separator and filter under the cowl.

Most if not all engines have a small fuel filter in the cowling. Its not designed to be a fuel / water separator.  This just keeps debris out of the carbs / fuel injection.  A true fuel water separator looks like a spin on oil filter.  Since gas is lighter then water, it keeps the water to the bottom of the filter and the hose is up high on the unit and allows the water to fall to the bottom of the filter and puts clean gas to the motor.  Wouldn't not own a outboard without one.  Only take a small amount (like a drop or 2 of water) to shut an outboard engine down.

My $0.02 worth

Todd

Ours has a separator under the cowl and if it gets water, will set off an alarm.

Mine is on the back wall of the changing room at the rear of the boat, like to of never found it. I have a 2012 22' SFXDS with a Yamaha 115hp.

Back