fuel gauge

2017 , should still be under warranty, if you are the original owner. If you are not ,was the warranty transfered when you purchased?

Jack -- I'm the second owner of a 2017 model year boat. I checked with the dealer soon after I bought it. Mine is not covered by the 10 year warranty. I think mine was delivered in Aug 2016 so perhaps some later 2017 model year boats are covered. I just know mine isn't.

Jack -- I'm the second owner of a 2017 model year boat. I checked with the dealer soon after I bought it. Mine is not covered by the 10 year warranty. I think mine was delivered in Aug 2016 so perhaps some later 2017 model year boats are covered. I just know mine isn't.
ALL 2017‘s were eligible for the 10 year warranty…however it was a transition year. So…from the dealership it came with the 7 year warranty, and you HAD TO register your boat through this forum (not kidding) to get the additional 3 years added on. Either in later 2017, or with the 2018 year the 10 year warranty was baked in from the start.

I know this in detail because, for reference, we ordered our 2017 in late 2016. Delivered Feb of 2017. I had to register it via Club Bennington to get my additional 3 years to go from 7 to 10. Fortunately my dealer made a big deal about me registering through Club Bennington to get that additional 3 years. Had they not prompted me to do so, I would have had no idea and missed out on that additional three years.

Interesting, my brother in laws 2017 ,is covered by the 10 year warranty. I believe Jeff's is as well .

ALL 2017‘s were eligible for the 10 year warranty…however it was a transition year. So…from the dealership it came with the 7 year warranty, and you HAD TO register your boat through this forum (not kidding) to get the additional 3 years added on. Either in later 2017, or with the 2018 year the 10 year warranty was baked in from the start.

I know this in detail because, for reference, we ordered our 2017 in late 2016. Delivered Feb of 2017. I had to register it via Club Bennington to get my additional 3 years to go from 7 to 10. Fortunately my dealer made a big deal about me registering through Club Bennington to get that additional 3 years. Had they not prompted me to do so, I would have had no idea and missed out on that additional three years.
As I said, my 2017 model year boat delivered in 2016. (Late in the summer, I believe.) Maybe the 10 year warranty started mid model year or maybe Jan 1, 2017. All I know is I mine is not covered. And I joined the forum in 2012.

As I said, my 2017 model year boat delivered in 2016. (Late in the summer, I believe.) Maybe the 10 year warranty started mid model year or maybe Jan 1, 2017. All I know is I mine is not covered. And I joined the forum in 2012.
Could be that Jan 1 date. That said, you had to separately register your boat through the forum. Being a member already wouldn’t have done it. There was like a link/form/thing…. But, as you said, it could have been a calendar year type change too.

I am looking for the same part. We have a 2017 Benninton 21 Ft SRX and the fuel gauge is out. Replaced sending unit and didnt fix it. Called dealership and they have yet to call us back. Yes we know its under warranty but would like to get the part replaced quickly not to mention its an easy fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be that Jan 1 date. That said, you had to separately register your boat through the forum. Being a member already wouldn’t have done it. There was like a link/form/thing…. But, as you said, it could have been a calendar year type change too.
I need to correct myself...I came across a note I made to myself in my maintenance log. On 10/4/2022 I wrote, "transferred warranty - deck and structure only - good through 9/27/2026."

Deck and structure only? I don't recall anyone on here talking about a limited 10 year warranty. I thought it was stem to stern and included all factory installed options. The good news is it sounds like the most important and expensive parts of the boat -- the structure including the toons, transom, etc. are covered for 10 years. The bad news is that the things I expect are more likely to fail -- like the radio, bilge pump, switches, mooring cover, bimini, etc. -- would not be covered.

Here is a link to the warranty statement .

I need to correct myself...I came across a note I made to myself in my maintenance log. On 10/4/2022 I wrote, "transferred warranty - deck and structure only - good through 9/27/2026."

Deck and structure only? I don't recall anyone on here talking about a limited 10 year warranty. I thought it was stem to stern and included all factory installed options. The good news is it sounds like the most important and expensive parts of the boat -- the structure including the toons, transom, etc. are covered for 10 years. The bad news is that the things I expect are more likely to fail -- like the radio, bilge pump, switches, mooring cover, bimini, etc. -- would not be covered
You could network with your closest Bennington dealer so they can check for you, or reach out directly to Bennington, to check on warranty status details. Based on your note, I am thinking you transferred it and are all set with bow to stern 10 year, and normal Bennington lifetime structural. However, given the ambiguity, it might be worth just reaching out and verifying.

Here is a link to the warranty statement . Structural is Lifetime .

Thank you, Jack. That is very useful. Be advised, that page is not the actual warranty. You have to click the "Download Warranty" link near the bottom to get the actual warranty language.

Note this:

TRANSFERABILITY: For BENNINGTON boats that are used for non-commercial purposes, the above limited warranties may be transferred once by the original purchaser during the term of the original warranty. Once transferred, the subsequent purchaser will be covered by any remaining terms left on the original warranty, with lifetime coverages capped at 10 years. The original term of the warranty will not be extended. The warranty transfer must be completed through an authorized Bennington dealer for the warranty to transfer to the subsequent purchaser.

Yep ,I've got a copy downloaded.

I just dug out the actual warranty paperwork that came with my boat from the original purchaser. There is no ambiguity and the note I wrote myself after talking to the local dealer is correct.

My 2017 model year boat that was delivered September 2016 was sold with:
  • limited lifetime structural warranty and wood components warranty
  • 5 year carpet and fabric warranty
  • 5 year Bimini top fabric warranty
  • 5 year component parts warranty (radios, gauges and depth finders not manufactured by Bennington)
  • 5 years on all other components not specifically addressed above
The 5 years on all categories would be extended to 7 years by joining (or already being member) of this forum. (I was already a member.)

Upon transfer of warranty, the lifetime structural and wood component warranty converts to 10 years from the original date of purchase.

I was just rereading the download ,some interesting fine print .

FFBF33E9-2F60-46FB-9C11-D0C2F731FB60.jpegDF36E179-C83D-4528-944B-D2779AE6C5D0.jpeg

Back