Fuel Leaking into Sump

Newben2021

Reaction score
I have a 2021 LX tri-toon and I notice this season that when the tank is over 1/2 full I have fuel escaping in the sump or well directly in front on the engine. I can see the sheen in the water back there and smell the fumes, but cannot detect where it could be coming from. No lines appear to be leaking and there isn’t any hint of fumes when I removed the deck access panel (center 32 gallon tank). And, this is new this season only…was not an issue last year. Any thoughts or similar experiences. Thank you

I have a 2021 LX tri-toon and I notice this season that when the tank is over 1/2 full I have fuel escaping in the sump or well directly in front on the engine. I can see the sheen in the water back there and smell the fumes, but cannot detect where it could be coming from. No lines appear to be leaking and there isn’t any hint of fumes when I removed the deck access panel (center 32 gallon tank). And, this is new this season only…was not an issue last year. Any thoughts or similar experiences. Thank you

Is your water separator canister under there? Thats where mines located. Check to see if canister is tight or maybe the housing cracked.

Last edited:
My thoughts are if it only happens with higher fuel levels and when the fuel is sloshing about it is from a tank top hose connection or lever sensor hole. All of these potential leak points are on tank top. If it drips when stationary on a lift or trailer then it is a leaky tank. As you can see the tank is not easy to remove so hopefully that is not it. A leaky tank is not probable.

os your water separator canister under there? Thats where mines located. Check to see if canister is tight or maybe the housing cracked.
Yes, for some reason, those canisters seem to occasionally work themselves loose.

Back