Fueling your Bennington

PonBenny

Reaction score
Everyone

When we bought our new Bennington, I found it very hard to fuel the boat. I realize there is discussion on this topic but here is what works flawlessly. I bought an extension hose/cap arangement that you can turn a plastic piece to shut the flow of fuel on and off. I found this leaked but it has adaptor caps to fit on a standard fuel jug. I went to Walmart and bought a very similar unit (yellow) that is used for pouring oil in tough places. I used the adaptor cap from the first hose assembly with this yellow hose assembly and I have not had one drop of fuel spill. I put it on and open the vent cap wide open. Insert the clear flex hose in the fuel inlet and tilt the jug up and let the fuel pour at full speed. When the jug empties, there is like a suction to the line it is flowing so well.

I was at WalMart yesterday and the yellow hose assemblies were on for $3 (half price) so I bought a couple of extras for that price.

Again, this works really well.

No the unit I am talking about is much simplier then this. It has a hose of about 18 inches and it screws right on the gas jug where the short flex nozzle is typically installed. I will try and take a picture of the simple but effective unit and post it.

You can't get any simpler than the jiggler.

I've used the juggler four times since I bought it and it works great. I have a six gal gas can and sit it on top of the closed changing room. When I'm done I leave the hose in the sun for a few minutes to disapate the gas smell.

Best $12 bucks I've ever spent.

+1 for the siphon, Use it for the benny and the ski. No drips, no lifting!

Back