Fulton F2 Jack Quality

MrG

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has had Issues with their FULTON F2 Toung Jack. I have now had 2 go bad. The seem to get bound up and be so hard to lower and raise?

I have one on my Wakeboard Boat go bad it weighs 2600 Lbs so I am no where near the weight limit/, And Now the Fulton F2 jack on my 2575 QCW is Junk. It says it has a 3 year waranty, But my dealer said my 2012 was out of waranty, Seems kinda lame to me.  You would think a jack that looks as well built as this would last more then a few years. Im not parking on a Un even surface and I have the jack extended just enought to get it on the hitch and then I alwasy store it at the lower setting

jack1_zps4qjizwal.jpg

and it looks like to me that they dont want you doing  any service to these otherwise why would they use these

jack2_zpsq9ztxx0p.jpg

Never had a problem like that with any of my other Fultons, though I haven't had that particular one.

There is a guy here that moves his wake boat in and out of a really difficult pole barn in a tight area. He has one of these Trailer Valets and loves it.

I have had the same problem  replaced one  under warranty  it seems to be working better  the problem is there is too much play in the gears so they do not mesh tightly 

Grant, those look like standard torx head screws. You should be able to remove them. I'd pop them out and take a peak down inside.

It's worth a shot. I haven't had any issues with either of the ones on my current and last trailer. Although neither have seen much use!

I took myn apart and it looks like a combo of Loose and sloppy gears and grease that has turned to more Glue then Lube

2ABCAFA9-31F7-438B-9C0A-4A2ABE2383FD_zpsurywnqat.jpg

I took it apart and it looks like it needs a Parts washer spa day.

CE49EE5F-0A8B-4BC0-A0E7-A5B2A6F27593_zpscf586ae8.jpg

Turns out there is a Service Bullitan on these Jacks. They are asking people to drill a hole in the back side of the jack to let water out.

DF82BBEE-CFAD-4A09-9246-1D886EED211A_zpsn3u8umir.jpg

Probably a good time to do it while apart so you can clean out the aluminum shavings from drilling.

Great detective work!!!!

Back