Fun Friday

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
First 3 minutes are all pontoon. Enjoy and be safe.:cool:

Stupidity ?? A priest wants people up front in church. Captain of Pontoon wants people to the rear.I hope lessons were learned !

We were out on Lake Conroe (TX) last Sunday. Lots and lots of boats with moderate winds made for very choppy conditions. We see this older model small pontoon, maybe 20 feet long with small engine (70-90 hp?) absolutely loaded with people. Probably 10, and they were all very well fed! All the ladies were sitting in the bow. Nobody aft of the driver (well, maybe one guy, I think).

The driver has this thing at WOT, going surprisingly fast for the load - maybe 10-12 mph? He submarines into a chop to where the engine comes all the way out of the water and over-revs. He never slows down and two minutes later he does it again!

I ask my wife "this is fun, lets follow and watch!".

Nobody ever shifts out of the bow, and he never slows down. Finally he buries it to where the front bench is underwater and my wife suggests we'd better get ready to save somebody (personally I think they were trying for the Darwin Awards).

The boat finally comes up like an old submarine, the gals sort of fall all over each other to get to the stern (picture a beach of stampeding sea lions) and the driver keeps it at WOT and they head off in a different direction.

I couldn't watch any more and headed back to the marina...

EDIT - from the website of the Darwin Awards:
Darwin Award winners plan and carry out disastrous schemes that an average child can tell are a really bad idea. They contrive to eliminate themselves from the gene pool in such an extraordinarily idiotic manner, that their action ensures the long-term survival of our species, which now contains one less idiot. The single-minded purpose and self-sacrifice of the winners, and the spectacular means by which they snuff themselves, qualifies them for the honor of winning a Darwin Award.

Last edited:
Maybe he was deliberately trying to dump them into the water to shed some weight!!!!

We were out on Lake Conroe (TX) last Sunday. Lots and lots of boats with moderate winds made for very choppy conditions. We see this older model small pontoon, maybe 20 feet long with small engine (70-90 hp?) absolutely loaded with people. Probably 10, and they were all very well fed! All the ladies were sitting in the bow. Nobody aft of the driver (well, maybe one guy, I think).

The driver has this thing at WOT, going surprisingly fast for the load - maybe 10-12 mph? He submarines into a chop to where the engine comes all the way out of the water and over-revs. He never slows down and two minutes later he does it again!

I ask my wife "this is fun, lets follow and watch!".

Nobody ever shifts out of the bow, and he never slows down. Finally he buries it to where the front bench is underwater and my wife suggests we'd better get ready to save somebody (personally I think they were trying for the Darwin Awards).

The boat finally comes up like an old submarine, the gals sort of fall all over each other to get to the stern (picture a beach of stampeding sea lions) and the driver keeps it at WOT and they head off in a different direction.

I couldn't watch any more and headed back to the marina...

EDIT - from the website of the Darwin Awards:
Darwin Award winners plan and carry out disastrous schemes that an average child can tell are a really bad idea. They contrive to eliminate themselves from the gene pool in such an extraordinarily idiotic manner, that their action ensures the long-term survival of our species, which now contains one less idiot. The single-minded purpose and self-sacrifice of the winners, and the spectacular means by which they snuff themselves, qualifies them for the honor of winning a Darwin Award.
Too bad you didn't film it and add the sound effects of the "sea lion heard" with the real deal. Had a great chuckle...thanks ...needed that! :p

"Well fed". Hahaha!

A friend of mine worked at a place with a number of well fed folks. He wanted to add a "Cattle Crossing" sign where the break room opened into main walkway but decided it might not go over well. (might get invitation to visit HR) lol :p

"Well fed folks!" Haha!

Back