G series recliner question

royal4

Reaction score
Hi,

I had posted this to the end of another thread on captains chairs but got no response... maybe this will get seen by more folks.

re: G series recliners

Both of my captains chairs don't seem to be working correctly. I loosened the locking shaft and pulled the seats off. There is black round insert that goes into the post. It has 3 slots in it that I think should line up with the 3 slots in the post where the paddle locks itself in place when you swivel and hit a slot. My insert moves and to me I would think they shouldn't move at all.   When it moves the insert slots mis-align with the post slots and then the swivel doesn't lock in place anymore.  Am I on to something here?  I guess another winter time dealer warranty item/question.  Since my local dealer 20 minutes away closed and now I have to drive an hour to their other location I'm just seeing if I can avoid that trip. One other item... on the posts the slots for the passenger chair are port,bow,starboard and on the captains chair they are bow,port,stern.  ????

Has anyone else pulled their chairs to see how they work and can add to this?

thanks,

Royal

ps:  I've been searching for the captains chair install manual to maybe give me a hint but no luck finding it so far.

My post on both of my chairs are stationary.

They should NOT move.

Contact you dealer and have them replaced.

Mike

The black bushing should rotate with the seat and yes the slots should remain lined up. As for positioning on each side that would be related directly to how they were installed. If you don't have under skinning making the adjustment is no big deal, just unbolt and rotate as needed. I would think  your dealer could work out replacing the plastic as it probably got a tab broken off that should hold it in place.

Back