gangway/walkway ideas?

Rickybobby571

Reaction score
I have a really wide boatlift with my 25R out in the center. The canopy over the lift is protecting it well, but I'm looking for photos of ideas on ways to get to the pontoon. it's about 4 feet from the seawall to the sides of the pontoon. One idea is a moveable gangway, or a walk platform attached to the lift beams as a walkway. Any photos would be appreciated.

Can you put a section of dock in front of the lift, so you walk out the dock and get on the boat through the bow gate?

Can you put a section of dock in front of the lift, so you walk out the dock and get on the boat through the bow gate?
I don't see why you couldn't. Do you have some pics of your setup?

Can you move the move over? Our lift is wider than what we need. I shifted everything closer to the dock to help counteract this.

we did move it a little favoring one side but the arch makes it impossible to go more than 8 to 10 inches, then the height out of the water is compromised (we have tides to deal with ) Yes we could do the front but it isn't convenient as the side location/ side door etc. I like the ideas of a draw bridge / gangway that's adjustable, for the tides etc. we are on a canal so no waves to deal with. I will post pictures when I can.

I don't see why you couldn't. Do you have some pics of your setup?
No, I don’t do it that way. I have a fixed crib dock, and just have a 2 x 12 cantilevered over the edge a few feet on the side. I thought about putting an aluminum dock in the front as well, but afraid the boat might hit it.

As I working on sketches of ideas I need to know what is the with of the side door opening? not sure if anyone is near there Bennington. Not sure if they are a standard size. My Toon is a 2016 25R

dock.jpg

Here is our small step to reduce the step to the boat.

Shopped all over getting prices on a custom aluminum planks, prices were really high. Did some checking and found werner ladder co. sells stage planks in many various sizes. Ordered from Home Depot and it worked out great. 20ft x 20 inches PERFECT. very stabile and holds 500 lb capacity. Now I can walk back and forth for washing, no buoyancy challenges. I hope this helps others, as I have seen all kinds of different set ups. I do like the posting of Lakeliving No 11, I may have to add this to mine where I access the motor. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Hope the pontoon season starts up soon for the northerners!

Awesome solution!

Back