Garmin 95 Transducer

Bluze

Reaction score
Muskrats found the transducer cable delicious on my 2008Bennington 2575RCW. It is beyond repair.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I wish to keep the boat original and would not want to upgrade at this time.

Thanks everyone!

I have had good luck on the Garmin website . I have called them a few times also ,always very helpful.
You can also try greatlakesskipper.com

The cable itself is typically sealed on the transducer end and not a replaceable item, so it's either splice back together or replace the transducer (with cable) itself.

Problem is, the Garmin 90 you have (labeled Fishfinder 95 for Bennington) used a 6-pin connector from what I can tell here:

The current dual-beam transducer that Garmin manufactures is either a 4 or 8-pin connector:

You could try finding adapters so you can continue to use your old 6-pin depth finder with a new transducer:

But being the cheapo that I am I'd try splicing first.

Good luck!

The cable itself is typically sealed on the transducer end and not a replaceable item, so it's either splice back together or replace the transducer (with cable) itself.

Problem is, the Garmin 90 you have (labeled Fishfinder 95 for Bennington) used a 6-pin connector from what I can tell here:

The current dual-beam transducer that Garmin manufactures is either a 4 or 8-pin connector:

You could try finding adapters so you can continue to use your old 6-pin depth finder with a new transducer:

But being the cheapo that I am I'd try splicing first.

Good luck!
Thank you for the suggestions. The "rats" chewed the cable right at the entry to the transducer, so there is no room for splicing.
I am holding out to see if anyone has one sitting around...

(I am more "cheapo" than you are) (laughing).
I have had good luck on the Garmin website . I have called them a few times also ,always very helpful.
You can also try greatlakesskipper.com
Thank you for the information, Jack. I am researching all sources.

The Garmin 95 on my last boat gave up the ghost and it was a chore finding a replacement. I also wasn't interested in upgrading because it would have required hacking into the dash. It took me a while but I found a good used Garmin 90 on Facebook Marketplace. Maybe you can find a transducer cable there. If you come across a head unit with the transducer cable, buy it. You can turn around and sell the head unit if you don't want to keep it for a spare. They are in demand.

What a pain.

Not sure what your search will produce but if you end up trying to Macgyver something maybe the below chart can help. Seems like any transducer will have a series of color coded wires you might be able to splice into the existing i put cable.

This is from the Garmin manual for a splicing block used to convert a 6-wire setup to an 8-wire fishfinder.

BD72655A-3511-4855-9E6B-10448E2C6904.jpeg

Back