Garmin Echo 101 Fish Finder Question

scubadad

Reaction score
This came with my new Bennington.  As someone who's never used a fish finder I have a question.  Whenver I get up to speed...10+ mph or so, it stops reporting the depth.  When I slow back down or stop it starts reporting it again.  I suspect this is normal but I wanted to ask those who have experience with this model if my suspicions are correct.  Is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Marc

You will have to adjust the transducer.  Angle and height to the water.  It should read at all speeds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine goes out So I will have to adjust too i guess!

Mine used to go out a lot. Adjusting it helps a lot, but it still happens sometimes. 

Mine is on the port side.  Not sure how cable is run so don't know how hard it would be to move if I need to.  Thanks for the replies everyone!

They're always on the port side from the factory, so I'd assume that is where it should be. Most boats don't have the bracket for it on the starboard anyway. 

Bennington installed mine on the port side which is the only place there is a bracket. I was new to it as well and fiddled with 3 different transducers to get it right. It works most of the time now, except in really shallow water, less than 5', it sometimes loses lock.

Mine works well after calling Garmin

They walked me through the installation which was botched originally

Dealer never installed properly

Garmin support was amazing 

118208548.jpg

I originally had trouble but once adjusted no problems / never fails

Mine works well after calling Garmin

They walked me through the installation which was botched originally

Dealer never installed properly

Garmin support was amazing 

118208548.jpg
When a Echo 100/101 is added to a new build does it get installed by the factory or dealer?

Factory.

I feel that the dealer should of went over boat with a fine tooth comb as promised before delivering to me 

That is why I place fault with him instead of factory 

Nonetheless after a call to Garmin Support they walked me through it and all was fixed in less than a half hour

107175344.jpg

Back