Gas Prices for Memorial Day

Jack M

Reaction score
I just paid ,$3.71 ,90 octane ,premium ,no ethanol on the street .

Odd part is, last year at this time same station was $3.59 ,oil was $12 less a barrel 

Yeah, what's up with that!

Its all greed up here .Fudgies  are on the way .

Its all greed up here .Fudgies  are on the way .

Hey, I resemble that! Hopefully one day my roll will be reversed...

Hey, I resemble that! Hopefully one day my roll will be reversed...

They always raise the prices in May through ski season . They go back " close "  (  still 20 cents more ) to what they are down state when the snow melts .

Do you ever travel up this far ?

We are about 35 miles South West of the bridge 12 miles East of Petoskey 

They always raise the prices in May through ski season . They go back " close "  (  still 20 cents more ) to what they are down state when the snow melts .

Do you ever travel up this far ?

We are about 35 miles South West of the bridge 12 miles East of Petoskey 

Yes we do but I've never actually been on the Indian River. It's been a "bucket list" trip to do the inland water way but that is probably still several years down the road. A very nice place to be and boat! You've got a lot of water to explore...

Yesterday we left our marina ,,went north to Mullett Lake ,down to the Cheboygan River .Turned around went back down the Indian River to Burt Lake then back up to the marina .Nice ride ,85 yesterday .Saw very few others out 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you plan on doing the complete Water Way ,allow a couple days .

Our old marina was on Crooked Lake .From there you have the Crooked River locks the Swing Bridge and the Crooked River before you hit Burt Lake 

Inland%20Route.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just scoping your area out again on Bing maps. It would be so nice being on big water. We can idle around ours and be back to the dock within an hour. :(  

I saw that earlier .there is no shortage here ,just gouging the tourists ( and residents ) .

I once send an email to a previous congressman about the higher prices in Northern Michigan .He replied ,that if "I didn't like it move " 

I was just scoping your area out again on Bing maps. It would be so nice being on big water. We can idle around ours and be back to the dock within an hour. :(  

It's  40 minute ride to either Burt or Mullett .All no wake  zone . Entire trip yesterday with basically no stops was just over 4 hours 

I saw that earlier .there is no shortage here ,just gouging the tourists ( and residents ) .

I once send an email to a previous congressman about the higher prices in Northern Michigan .He replied ,that if "I didn't like it move " 

I'm sure that influenced who you will vote for in the future!

And yes, holiday weekend = bend over at the pump. Pure Michigan.

We did that Indian Lake voyage with our Benny in July 2011.  What an amazing trip that was.  Of course the weather was perfect and that always makes or breaks any vacation.

Yesterday we left our marina ,,went north to Mullett Lake ,down to the Cheboygan River .Turned around went back down the Indian River to Burt Lake then back up to the marina .Nice ride ,85 yesterday .Saw very few others out 

Yeah, rub salt in the wound, twist that knife, etc. etc. lol

Like I said, you have a lot of water to navigate!

You'll probably recall that we used to have another refinery outside of Alma but the EPA made it too expensive to continue operations there. As such, I think (but I'm not 100% sure) we're down to one refinery for the entire state. Last year I believe we had a similar spike when one went down in Indiana. Good old supply and demand, but last weekend gas was twenty cents less at our cottage than down state. 

Quit it! You have a boat and a house on the water!!!!!

Back