Gas Prices for Memorial Day

But ,is that with or without Ethanol ?

$2.52 no corn premium on the street here.

The price at the fuel dock 2 weeks ago was 3.39 for 90 octane ethanol free fuel while 10% corn was only 2.06 at the fuel pumps uptown.  Like many have said two years ago fuel at the docks was pushing 5.00 while it was only 3.49 at the pumps uptown.  Price Gouging the boating crowd?   Maybe....maybe not.  The biggest issue is that there is only really 2 places on our lake to get fuel.......3rd place isn't open yet this year (might not even open...who knows) and only 1 for sure the is ethanol free.

I figure by the time I add the ring free plus additive (yamaha recomends it) and the marine sta-bil (to combat the ethanol) to the wonderful gas we get at the pumps I'm very close to the same price as the ethanol free at the fuel docks.  

$2.65/Gallon where I get my non-ethanol gas. I'm ok with that. :D

The price at the fuel dock 2 weeks ago was 3.39 for 90 octane ethanol free fuel while 10% corn was only 2.06 at the fuel pumps uptown.  Like many have said two years ago fuel at the docks was pushing 5.00 while it was only 3.49 at the pumps uptown.  Price Gouging the boating crowd?   Maybe....maybe not.  The biggest issue is that there is only really 2 places on our lake to get fuel.......3rd place isn't open yet this year (might not even open...who knows) and only 1 for sure the is ethanol free.

I figure by the time I add the ring free plus additive (yamaha recomends it) and the marine sta-bil (to combat the ethanol) to the wonderful gas we get at the pumps I'm very close to the same price as the ethanol free at the fuel docks.  

That is the one positive about trailering the boat. I can drive 2 miles before launching, and fill up with the no-ethanol fuel, then straight back to the ramp. 

I'm certainly not defending high dockside gas prices, but just a few things to keep in mind:

1. Convenience and a limited number of places selling on the water.

2. EPA regulations are extremely extensive.

3. Cost of pollution insurance should a spill occur. Next to the water, it is much more than at a local gas station.

4. Tank size. The EPA limits the size of the tanks one can have located next to a body of water. Therefore, there is little "quantity" discount given by the local distributor.

Given that my boat is in the water for the season, I've purchased three 5 gal gas cans in an attempt to avoid the local marina. However, I'll pay the price if we have a boat-load of guests and run low during a day on the water. 

We only have one marina with gas pumps on our small lake. They usually charge about a buck more than street price for ethanol free premium, pump it for you (for safety), make sure everything's clean and neat. I use them most of the time as it's great service, though I could get the same Countrymark no ethanol premium 5 miles down the road. Even though I'm fortunate to still have a few of the old style spout gas cans, I just don't like hauling that much fuel in my vehicle.

I see that  you are drinking 

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't needed to get gas yet. Still on the winterization tank. But my neighbor got gas on the water 89 octane ethanol free for $2.99......

If I want to run ethanol free gas in the boat my only option is to get fuel at the docks and pay the price.  Everything else around us is atleast 10% ethanol blended fuel.

Since joining the USFBA (boaters association) we can tax deduct the boat fuel we use and mileage driven to the lake for what they like to call "patrolling".....I call it goofing off burning fuel enjoying the boat and the lake life.  Not a bad deal for $20 bucks a year membership fees and a few simple rules and regulations you need to follow.  Besides it is what we normally do when out on the water anyway...if a boater needs assistance help them out if you can.

I buy from the marina regardless of cost just to eliminate the possibility of 

contaminating our Lake. Stopped hauling gas when I had the sea doo jet boat

due to burning 20 gallons a day when gas was cheap and the convenience s worth the cost 

Hard to complain this year overall due to cost 

108672189.jpg

No gas on our lake, I have to get it a a local street station. It is about a mile from us but was $3.79 / gallon yesterday. Up 20 cents from last week. 90 octane - no ethanol. 

$4.25/ gal at the new marina at Caeser Creek Lake in sw Ohio.  The good thing is i only used a half a tank running around the lake for the long weekend.  Love that four stroke fuel injection.

Back