GAS STAIN

1trotter

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a gas stain on their fencing?? I tried cleaner wax and the stains are not coming out at all. :(

I've used Greased Lightning on a lot of stains and hard to clean items over the years. It would be worth a try. You can get it at Lowes.

I would try an automotive polishing compound, rather than rubbing compound. The grit in the polishing compound is not as aggressive. With rubbing compound it's easy to actually rub the paint off any ridges or raised areas. Also, once you do get gas on the fence, like during fueling, I use a deck brush right then and there to get some water onto the gas spill to dilute it.

Ok let's be clear:
Fencing has 2 parts
#1 Anodized Aluminum (this I doubt is stained)
#2 body Panel

What surface are you trying to remove the stain from.

P.S Rubbing compound is VERY abrasive and I would recommend not using it. 3m makes a bunch of products that are way less abrasive and will correct most paint issues.
Like 3m "FinessIt" (white) micro abrasive. Most of the time a good wax will fix minor blemishish's and not damage the surface. I start with the least abrasive thing and work my way up. Rubbing compound would be my Last resort.

I saw a good quote here.
"If it's not a emergency DONT make it one"

Back