Gate door holders or stays

Hoss

Reaction score
Does anybody have side or front or rear gate door holders or stays when gates are open . Mine have nothing to hold gate door open when not closed. Am I missing something from my new boat.... Hoss

Does anybody have side or front or rear gate door holders or stays when gates are open . Mine have nothing to hold gate door open when not closed. Am I missing something from my new boat.... Hoss
Ours has holders on all 3 gates. They should have something to hold them open. The new style looks like half of a football so the gate slides up it and drops off the end to hold it.

I had my machinist make some out of high-strength plastic but you can buy the stock type. Overton's may have them. I opened my gates and placed them close to the hinge side to lessen the chance of a stubbed toe. Steve

Just use an "old school" door stop (rubber wedge type). It does the trick for us. Plus you won't stub a toe or step on it when not in use.

Hi Hoss,

We normally put a gate stop in the stern gate area (unless a galley interferes with placement.) We do not install stops around the forward gates because they can be toe stubbers/trip hazards. That being said, dealers can purchase add'l stops and install them for you quite easily if you would like them. We are re-evaluating the gate stop idea heading into the 2013 model year. TB

Hi Hoss,

We normally put a gate stop in the stern gate area (unless a galley interferes with placement.) We do not install stops around the forward gates because they can be toe stubbers/trip hazards. That being said, dealers can purchase add'l stops and install them for you quite easily if you would like them. We are re-evaluating the gate stop idea heading into the 2013 model year. TB
Thanks for the reply on the door stops... Hoss

TB ... my vote is to install them on all gates and if we want to remove them because they're toe-stubbers it will be easier for us than ordering them through our Bennington dealer. (They can't cost that much!!)

TB ... my vote is to install them on all gates and if we want to remove them because they're toe-stubbers it will be easier for us than ordering them through our Bennington dealer. (They can't cost that much!!)
Maybe make them optional on each gate. I don't like the darn toe stubbers.....or stepping on them. I certainly don't want them factory installed on all gates. You're right, they don't cost that much. Buy them and install them yourself. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe make them optional on each gate. I don't like the darn toe stubbers.....or stepping on them. I certainly don't want them factory installed on all gates. You're right, they don't cost that much. Buy them and install them yourself. B)
Agree, though I don't see a lot of difference in toe stubbing then in the u shaped catch to hold the front of the door already installed. I just ordered a pair from Overtons ($6.99) and will try to locate them as close to the hinge side as possible to save the toe stubbing phenomenon. (Did I spell that right?). Help me Ericsher !!!

Phenomenon..... yes sir that looks right, great movie too. At 6'8" and 290lbs, I'm not the most graceful person ya want stumbling over one of those gate stops/holders. Especially if I'm headed in your direstion! Kinda like a bull in a china shop LOL!!

I think the silent "P" caught me offguard !

Just noticed something as I started to screw a gate stop down. Have to use a temp "wedge" type in the front as Ben & Suzy recommended. The bow gate seat won't permit a front floor stop. Move seat to the side opening and you have some room, couple inches of space to the right of the seat, but not in the front. Gerry

Back