getting dogs back on the toon

Noah Genda

Reaction score
I know this is crazy. Why let a wet beast like a golden retriever or Rottweiler on a nice new boat? Simple answer: I wear sissy pants. We want something small enough to not get in the way yet doesn't require me to get in the water and push them on board. Anyone seen, heard about, or experienced a Load A Pup. Some of the stuff out there is fairly large, and storage might pose a problem. A used Premier we were looking at had a reservoir, hose and electric pump you could use to hose down the boat, etc. Is there anything portable other than a pressurized fire extinguisher filled with water? Fido might be a bit intimidated with that solution.

Looking forward to spring, my 2575 RCWP, and a couple of cold ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering the same thing. This was the first year with my boat so I didn't take my friend with me, but I plan to this year. I wouldn't think storage would be an issue because it would be in the water right away when we stop, and in the bed of the pickup unless the dog was coming along. I have no idea which one works best, or even which doggie life vest I should get.

Oh boy! If the wife see's that, I may be ordering it! Nothing's too good for her/our dogs! Thankfully, she doesn't come on here!! Haha but definitely cool.

I hear ya, that price is crazy. To make that all you would need is some float foam, plywood, one piano hinge and carpeting.

Oh boy! If the wife see's that, I may be ordering it! Nothing's too good for hers/our dogs! Thankfully, she doesn't come on here!! Haha but definitely cool.

Hehe, great minds think alike!! I was already trying to figure out what kind and how much foam I would need! My one dog is about 105lbs and my other is 75lbs. Was trying to figure out if you Gould use a docking bumper mounted sideways, where it would be and so on!!

Derrick

Hehe, great minds think alike!! I was already trying to figure out what kind and how much foam I would need! My one dog is about 105lbs and my other is 75lbs. Was trying to figure out if you Gould use a docking bumper mounted sideways, where it would be and so on!!

Derrick

Just picked up a load-a-pup. Nice construction, simple design. Just waiting for warm Indiana weather.

Derrick
A little pricy but looks sturdy is a Paws Aboard Doggy Boat Ladder for up to 130 lb. dogs. Available from Savvyboater.com. Cheaper through Amazon.

A little pricy but looks sturdy is a Paws Aboard Doggy Boat Ladder for up to 130 lb. dogs. Available from Savvyboater.com
Looks great. Almost bought it. I was trying to be a bit more minimalist. The Load A Pup folds up nicely and should be easy to store.

Back