Going to the ramp......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
My neighbor had people from all over the country come for Thanksgiving. 16 people in all. He kept his 22 ft. Yamaha jet boat in the water so he could show them our beautiful lake although it's a good 5 to 6 feet low. We had a high of 75 here on Friday and 68 yesterday so he took them out in shifts. 

This is his first year with this boat and he doesn't have a tow vehicle yet. (A boat but no tow vehicle.........hmmmm.) Anyway I launched him in the spring and I'll retrieve his boat today. No big deal they're great neighbors! The ramp is only about 3 miles away. Hoping there's plenty of water at the ramp.......

Anybody else boat over the holiday?!?

Had the boat out last weekend at home. Flipped a coin and wound up bringing kayaks to Greenwood. Out both Thursday and Friday in 70 degree weather. Launched at state park. My son paddle boarded in summer gear.

There is no moratorium on boating pleasure in the south

Let's see. 

1. Yamaha Jet boat "check"

2. No tow vehicle "check" 

thats 2 strikes in the (I'm a Wally) contest for me. 

Let me take a wild guess this 22 foot Yamaha is his 1st boat

Had no problem taking my neighors boat out yesterday. The ramps were a lot deeper and longer than I thought. The hull was filthy! It's been in the water since May and he hasn't touched it since. Even the power washer wasn't getting all that crap off. Also found out that his transducer wire was chewed off. You could see the bite marks. I guess they didn't get all the muskrats in our cove.

Aaaaaaahhhh the joys of keeping your boat in the water with out a lift............

Let's see. 

1. Yamaha Jet boat "check"

2. No tow vehicle "check" 

thats 2 strikes in the (I'm a Wally) contest for me. 

Let me take a wild guess this 22 foot Yamaha is his 1st boat

Yup 1st boat! Ha! 

I would love to have had ours out, but the water is a little too low to get it in and out. Don't want to take chances when it's this low. Too many stumps showing their ugly head.

I have a vehicle that should tow mine, but no trailer .......  :D

I bought the Shorelander Trailer when purchasing Benny 

Have a Brand New 4x4 but have no intention of trailering Benny anywhere

They pick him up and drop him off each winter and spring 

Makes a stress free life for me (lol) 

110612593.jpg

I bought the Shorelander Trailer when purchasing Benny 

Have a Brand New 4x4 but have no intention of trailering Benny anywhere

They pick him up and drop him off each winter and spring 

Makes a stress free life for me (lol) 

They pick her up and drop her off using your trailer?!?

They pick her up and drop her off using your trailer?!?

No, they pick HIM up and drop HIM off every winter and spring. Pittsburg's vessel is obviously a male. :D

baby-graphics-laughing-361390.gif

LOL 

Yes they pick Benny up with my Shorelander Trailer and then return HIM in May 

It is a common practice here at The Lake 

I have the option of winterizing and storing here but it makes more sense to have it all done there

Bennington makes Benny's...... I never knew a female Benny

Ofcourse if I NEEDED to fall in love with a boat (LOL) 

sailboat-pictures-021.jpg

There are a multitude to choose from 

Clifford_II.jpg

Nothing personal 

BUT 

These are "Ladies of The Water" 

It's like a car ...

There's the one I can afford and the one I dream of ........

lamborghini-02v3-9722.jpg

Ofcourse I dont need to fall in love with materialism 

I have all I need in my arms and SHE makes me happy 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitts, I didn't think your lake was that big. lol

Soo TRUE 

Once again 

It is the difference of what I can afford and what I dream of 

Still Happy with all I have   :)

True Happiness Comes From Within 

131614679.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:   :lol:  

We towed ours down to Islamorada in the Keys.  It was fantastic!  We stayed at the Breezy Palms and kept the boat in their wet slip.  Went out for a sunset cruise out to Alligator Reef lighthouse the day we got there.  AWESOME!

The next day we went back out and tied up to a mooring ball at the reef and spent the day snorkling with the niece and her two little ones.  Water was about 20-25' deep and crystal clear.  Was like swimming in an aquarium.

Only stayed for a couple days as we had to get home to cook The Bird.

Life is good....

We towed ours down to Islamorada in the Keys.  It was fantastic!  We stayed at the Breezy Palms and kept the boat in their wet slip.  Went out for a sunset cruise out to Alligator Reef lighthouse the day we got there.  AWESOME!

The next day we went back out and tied up to a mooring ball at the reef and spent the day snorkling with the niece and her two little ones.  Water was about 20-25' deep and crystal clear.  Was like swimming in an aquarium.

Only stayed for a couple days as we had to get home to cook The Bird.

Life is good....

Oh man sounds like a great trip! 

My sister in law/brother in law drove their RV to the Red Coconut near you and spent Thanksgiving. 2nd time doing that.

Have to say with Temps in The 20s I wish I was there :)

Love The Bright Yellow

I see you have approx 560 hours with your Yamaha 

How many times have you replaced the Impeller ? 

I have about 130 hours on mind I will replace this Boating Season - Better Safe Than Sorry 

christmas-gif-7.gif

I've swapped out my impeller 2x so far - most recently was about 1 year ago.  Will probably do it again in a couple of months.  Currently sitting right at 600 hours.

I've swapped out my impeller 2x so far - most recently was about 1 year ago.  Will probably do it again in a couple of months.  Currently sitting right at 600 hours.

I believe in changing out impeller when I service lower unit. Really cheap insurance since I run in a lot of shallow water with sandy bottoms. 200 hrs is an excellent interval or every other season. Oh ya, the last statement only works for some us!

Back