Good day on the lake , I FOUND IT !!!!

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Well after 8 weeks of swimming around, I finally found my 28lb anchor. I lost it in July and wife said I'd never find it. Wrong thing to tell me. 69 degree water almost had me debating on giving up though ... Lol !!! Figured I'd snorkel one last time and BAM .... There it was, 25' from where my search area was ????

Nice work and determination!

Congrats!! I took one last stab at finding my small box anchor a couple weeks ago but it is either gone, or still too deep. Now my boat is 400 miles away so probably not going to get that one back!  :unsure:

Congrats!! I took one last stab at finding my small box anchor a couple weeks ago but it is either gone, or still too deep. Now my boat is 400 miles away so probably not going to get that one back!  :unsure:
Nick,

How'd you lose yours? I was stuck on a rock and pulled my knot loose, ended up losing it in a cove later that day. I've lost them before using carribener type clip, won't use them anymore....... Now I only just tie to chain. Guess I just put too much stress on the knot that day.

SemperFi, knowing you from this forum I have no doubt that had nothing to do with money and you were determined to find it :p  

I used a locking carabiner to attach it to the front of one of my pontoons. I didn't lock it and I think one of the kids fiddled with it and unclipped it while we were swimming. I looked over and saw my rope spool had fallen off the front deck so I started heading that way to retrieve it. By the time I got there I realized the anchor was no longer attached and it was all sunk and out of sight. I already bought a replacement, but I'd love to have two box anchors so I've been checking back there as the water has gone down, but no luck. Probably just going to pull the trigger on the other now. 

SemperFi, knowing you from this forum I have no doubt that had nothing to do with money and you were determined to find it :p
Mark, yes you are kind of right, I was determined to find it, cause I'm too cheap to buy another ..... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
True meaning of.....never giving up! Good job!

Back